(12) Matteo has a cut

Matteo

Your always going to mean something to me.

- anonymous

Chapter 12

Safari came back with the emergency kit and sat down besides me. He put my wrist on his lap, palms facing up and started to clean my cut. I let out a hiss and he let out a quick apology as he looked at me with worried eyes.

"Did I hurt you? I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so fucking stupid-"

I let out a laugh me smiled at him "it's okay Safari."

He blushed and looked back down at my wrist as he put the bandage on.

"Please tell me." I whispered. He sighed and laid back on his bed for a moment before sitting up.

He told me everything.

I sat there in silence and just listened to what he had to say. I gulped and nodded "it's not your fault." I said.

"Maybe it isn't.. But I just can't help but feel like it is. She's gone, and I feel like maybe if I did Something differently she would've been alive." He said looking at his hands.

I nodded understandingly "don't do this to yourself though she already gone and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about. Stop looking in the past and focus on your future. Don't be sad when you think of her, be happy and remember what a great person she was." I said touching his shoulder in comfort. "What would she do if she found you were doing this to yourself?"

He let out a small laugh "she'd probably hit me with a shoe and call me a idiot."

I picked up a shoe and threw it at his head. He turned around and glared a me.

"Your an idiot." I said seriously.

Her stared at me in confusion before breaking out into a large smile.

A real smile.

-

I had stayed over with Safari that day. We played video games, ate lunch out together and then I made him dinner with my amazing cooking skills. We had a lot of fun.

It was about a few days later and we hardly saw each other because of school.

I walked into Grayson and Avery's dorm with Avon following behind be with his nose in a book.

"Why did you come do your just going to read?" I said.

He ignored me and flipped to the next page before gasping. I glanced down at his book and rolled my eyes before going inside and gasping myself.

Grayson was on top of Avery with his shirt off and was kissing his like they were about to die tomorrow.

"Hey guys!" I said with a wide grin.

Avery groaned underneath Grayson and got from under him. "your such a fucking cock block Matteo." Avery said with a scowl. I laughed and plopped myself on on of their bean bag chairs.

Grayson rolled his eyes and put his shirt on. "Hey I was enjoying the view!" I exclaimed.

"I need more straight friends." I heard Avon mutter under his breath.

"Keep your eyes off of my man." Avery said glaring at me. I held my hands up in surrender and glanced at Grayson. "Honestly who would've thought Avery would be the bottom." I said with a snort "he sounds like some over protective alpha male."

Grayson smiled at Avery and shook his head.

I looked up at Avery from my seat and patted his arm "I'm just kidding alpha." I said rolling my eyes.

He looked at the hand that was currently on his arm and scowled before looked shocked.

"Dude, what's going on." Avery said taking my wrist.

I frowned "nothing..?"

Avon and Grayson looked at my wrist and gasped.

Then I knew. The cut.

"Oh, guys it's not what it looks like." I said. Grayson took my wrist and stared at me furiously "why'd you do this?"

"Well.. I did it because of Safari." I said.

"Well damn what type of kinky shit y'all in to?" Avery said.

I blushed a little and looked away "guys! It's not like that.. Safari is going through somethings and I was doing it to make a point."

"What type of point?" Avon said.

"I-I don't think he'd want me to talk about it. It's his personal life and I don't think he'd be happy if I told it to you guys.. Sorry." 

"He's not hurting you is he?" Grayson said dropping my arm.

"No! No! I promise I'm fine."

"Said everyone ever. Everyone know if you say 'I'm fine' your really not fine." Avon said closing his book.

I let out a groan of frustration. "I'm serious, I'm not the one you need to worry about."

"What's wrong with Safari?" Avery said frowning.

"I can't talk about it! Guys just drop it please." I pleaded.

After a couple of moments they finally decided to leave it alone.