(15) Matteo is taking chances

Matteo

I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling. I'm not scared of the dark, I'm scared of what's in it. I'm not afraid to love, I'm afraid of not being loved back.

- Tumblr

Chapter 15

I was finally visiting my uncle today.

I was originally supposed to go awhile ago but he had a last minute trip he had to go to for work. He was back now so I was currently packing my things away for the weekend. I still haven't gotten the chance to invite Safari yet so I was going to have to get on that soon.

I walked down the hallway and to Safari's room before knocking twice.

The door swung open to reveal his crazy cousin Maxie.

"Hi!" She said sweetly.

"H-hey.." I said nervously.

"Oh don't be so worried! I've been working on keeping my crazy on the low for a bit since I'm pretty sure it scares Colton." She said opening the door wider and ushering me in.

"Uh.. Okay."

She smiled again and sat down on Safari's roommate Jaden, bed.

"Uh get off!" He whined pushing her off of his bed with his feet. She fell to the floor with a very loud dramatic gasp. "How dare you!" She said standing up looking offended. "I am a lady how dare you?" She said.

"Lady?" Jaden snorted. "More like a crazy ass banshee."

Maxie let out another loud gasp. "Oh hell no!" She grabbed her purse off the floor and started swinging.

Seconds later Safari came running out the bathroom in loose sweatpants and nothing else.

I tried my best not to stare but it was really hard. I had to say, Safari Niles was one hot ass guy.

"Maxie!.. Maxie calm down!" He said trying to hold her down.

Jaden at this point had stood up and left mumbling under his breath about how he was going to get his revenge.

"That bitch! I'll get him later!" She said out of breath before plopping herself on Jaden's bed.

"Boy if you don't put on a shirt!" Maxie yelled.

Safari flushed red and went into his dresser to get a shirt. After putting that on he got on his shoes and we were out the door.

"Hey." I said smiling at him as we walked.

"Hey.." He mumbled blushing red.

I laughed at him and ruffled his hair.

"Stop!.." He whined. I grinned and slapped him on the ass making his gasp. He looked at me in shock before quickly looking at his feet to hide his red face. I smirked and swung my arm over his shoulder over as we walked down the hall together.

-

We walked into the cafe and sat down in the booths side by side.

"About time!" Grayson yelled.

"Oh hush. We all know you two just got finished fucking." I said rolling my eyes.

They both turned red and shifted in their seats uncomfortably.

"What would you like to order?" The waiter said coming up to us with a bored expression.

"I'll have the grilled cheese sandwich a small salad." Grayson said.

The waiter nodded as she jotted down the order on her handy dandy notebook before turning her attention to Avery.

"I'll have macaroni and cheese." Avery said.

After we all ordered our food we chatted for a bit before everything finally came out.

The food was delicious. As we ate we talked about the future and how we should all hang out more often.

It was a good time.

When me and Safari arrived back at his dorm we went inside for awhile a played video games while I told dirty puns and commented him on his sexy body. When I was finished with each comment he looked at red as a tomato.

It was so cute.

I invited him to visit my uncle with me today and he surprisingly said yes. I guess it didn't matter since he was going with me wether he wanted to or not.

But still he said yes.

We were in the middle of playing soccer outside before I finally decided to stop stalling and tell him.

"Hey Fari?" I said.

"Yeah?" He said jogging over to be and sitting down on the grass.

"I.. Uh I need to tell you something." I said nervously.

How would i even tell him I liked him? I was so nervous! What if I said the wrong thing or he didn't feel the same way about me? I'd be devastated, but still I needed to know for sure wether he liked me or not.

"So.. I uh.. like y-"

"Matteo!" A voice yelled.

I growled out in frustration before snapping my head over to see Grayson running at me , his face a ghostly pale.

I stood up immediately once I noticed to the look in his face. "What? What's wrong!?" I said worriedly.

"Matteo.." He said slowing down to stop in front of me.

"What?" I said nervous to even hear what he had to say.

"Finley.. He's in the hospital." He whispered.

As soon as I heard those words I immediately started running.