(8) Matteo and operation fish

Matteo.

It's funny when you finally get over someone, you start seeing them in a whole new perspective. It's like you're looking at them through the eyes of your best friend and you realize he's nothing special.

He's just another ordinary boy.

- anonymous

Chapter 8

I've come to the realization that I in fact didn't have any feelings for Safari.

They were long gone.

I never really knew him much anyways, he was merely just a pretty face I was attracted to.

He's not even the same Safari that I've barley knew last year.

He was a great guy. Gorgeous, but I didn't really know him. How can I like really like someone when I truly know nothing about them. Sure I know his favorite color his favorite foods and such but you can't really like someone based off of such simple facts.

He surprisingly knew quite a bit about me though. Some things I haven't even told him myself.

I did see a little bit of the old him in there every now and then but then he'd hide behind that mask of his.

Safari wasn't as open as before. With strangers he hardly talked unless you were the one to talk first. He had many tattoos going up one of his arms.

I admit they were pretty hot.

They were meaningful things to him though. I knew that the tattoos had went on his entire arm but I had yet to see the rest of him arm since he always were short sleeves or long sleeves.

He wore a lot of hats now. I kinda wished his didn't because I loved his gorgeous hair.

He was surprisingly quite rude sometimes and he hardly blushed when I'd say dirty things to him. (Jokingly of course)

I missed his blushes.

I knew he'd blush when he was nervous or shy about something.

His clothing wasn't very colorful anymore. He mostly wore darker toned clothing.

And the biggest one of all.

He wasn't happy anymore.

I could see it in his eyes. His fake laughter and fake smiles. Constantly wanting to be alone. Which was usually rare for him. He always loved company and hanging out with friends.

He hardly had any friends. He just shut everyone out and tries of avoid serious topics.

He'd laugh and joke around as if he was okay but I saw straight through him. He wasn't okay.

I was determined to change that though. I was determined to make Safari Niles happy again.

-

I knocked on the door lightly and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Then I heard something.

It sounded like.. Crying?

I pressed my ear on the door and listened. It was indeed someone crying.

It was either Safari's roommate, Landon Mackie or Safari himself.

I knocked to the door again but this time louder.

"Ugh! I'm coming you fucking bastard!" I heard him yell.

He never cursed.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and waited for Safari to open the door. Which by the way took like five minutes.

When he opened the door I saw his eyes were red and puffy and his clothes were all wrinkled and baggy and he was wearing his glasses.

"Matteo? What are you doing here?"

"I just thought we could work on operation fish. But if it's a bad time-"

"No no! It's fine come in." He stated before ushering me in the small dorm room. I walked inside and sat on a chair which was placed by the door.

"Are you okay?" I questioned even though I knew he wasn't. I wanted to see what he was going to say.

"Uh.. y-yeah I'm fine."

I nodded and licked my lips. As I did this him saw him staring at me intensely.

"U-uh I'm going t-to go freshen up." He said quickly before hurrying into the bathroom.

I sat there and waited for him to finish which took about twenty minutes. I played games on my phone to pass the time.

He walked out in nothing put a towel and his hair slightly wet.

I blushed and immediately looked away. I saw him smirking from the corner of my eye as he went into his dresser and took out his clothes before slowing walking into the bathroom again.

I let out a breath of relief and continued playing my game as I waited for him.

Safari came out for the second time. He was wearing dark wash denim skinny jeans and a back hoodie with black vans.

"Come on." He said walking out the room with me following behind.

We walked silently to the open field and sat on the grass.

"So do you have any ideas?" He questioned. I thought for a moment "no."

He nodded and we sat in silence. I didn't think Safari knew but I noticed he kept looking over at me and staring with this small smile on his face.

"Maybe we can talk to Scotty himself."

I finally looked over at him "and say what?"

"We can tell him that your brother wants to speak to him but is to shy to make the first move."

"Eh.. It's okay, let's think a bit more and see what we can come up with, if not we will go with your idea." I said.

He nodded in response and looked up at the sky. I did the same.

I liked randomly sitting out in the cool fall weather with Safari beside me looking up at the clear sky.

It was... Peaceful.

-

Sorry for the short boring chapter :/

Hopefully you enjoy! If you have any request then let me know.

- IJUSTLOVETOWRITE 😘