CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"Tomorrow my mum is letting me take her car to school, so I was wondering if you wanted me to pick you up in the morning." Kyle suggested. I liked walking to school. Being alone on a little walk was very calming and nice, but driving with Kyle sounded so much better. Plus, I wanted to make sure he was okay and not panicking about school tomorrow. We had to be careful of that now, because along with depression, he was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder.

"Yeah, alright. Thanks."

We rode the rest of the way in almost silence, Fall Out Boy playing in the background. When we pulled into my driveway, Kyle turned the radio down.

"Thanks for driving me home." I said. "And thanks for letting me stay the weekend."

"Yeah, I had fun. I was dying to see you for a month." Kyle admitted.

"I was, too. But we won't have to wait that long again." Kyle nodded and leaned in to kiss me. Our lips met and shivers went down my spine. I pulled back and placed a peck on his lips just because I could.

"I'll see you in the morning." Kyle said as I grabbed my bag and opened my door.

"Okay. I love you." I said before getting out. Kyle  smiled.

"I love you, too."

I got out of the car and up to my front door. I opened the door as I heard Kyle drive away. I quietly closed the door and slipped off my shoes. I listened for a second and heard nothing. I padded up the stairs and into my room, starting to unpack my things. Without a knock, my door opened and my mum came into my room. I prepared for yelling. She absolutely detested it when I was late.

"Mum, I'm sorry for being late. Kyle and I lost track of time and-"

"It's alright. How is he?" she asked, calmly. I blinked in confusion. She's not angry?

"Um he's great. He was acting just like he used to before...everything."

"I'm glad he's alright." she smiled and I couldn't help but smile back. "The way that Kyle looks at you..." she smiles and shakes her head. "I could tell it's love from a kilometer away."

"Really?" I ask. I vaguely wonder why she's talking about this, but I pass it off.

"Mhm." She gives me a hug and I hug back.

"Thank you, mum."

"But I haven't done anything."

"Trust me, you have."

The next morning, my alarm wakes me up and I drag myself out of bed and into the shower. I lazily clean myself, wishing to be back in bed. When I'm done, I shut the water off and wrap a towel around my waist. I get dressed and straighten my hair and take my remaining time to eat breakfast. Just as I'm finishing my toast, I get a text from Kyle.

"I can see your house. Muahaha O.o
-Kyle x"

I roll my eyes and stuff the remaining toast into my mouth and grab my backpack. I shut the door and get into the car. Kyle greets me with a kiss and I happily kiss him back.

"Mmm. You taste like jam." he said. I chuckle.

"I'm hoping that's a good thing." I say. Apparently it is a good thing because before I know it, Kyles kissing me again. I feel his tongue graze my upper lip, but instead of opening my mouth like I want to, I pull away. "Kyle, come on, we're going to be late." I giggle and Kyle bites his lip, turning forward, placing his hands on the wheel and his fingers drum against the wheel. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay."

"Do you want me to drive?" I offer. He shakes his head and grips the wheel. "What's wrong?"