chap 36 - goodbye

parang lalabas na yung puso ko sa sobrang bilis ng tibok nito. sht, harris what have you done?! brayden is breathing so fast as if hyperventilating and his deathly eyes is focus on harris and it looks as though he wanted to murder him!

the next thing i knew. brayden is on top of harris and punching him with brute force at para bang ayaw nya ng tumigil, what. the. hell?! hindi gumaganti si harris at tinatanggap nya lang lahat ng masasakit na suntok ni brayden.

"brayden! stop!" i tried desperately to stop them, pero parang wala silang naririnig.

"I'm going to kill you sonofabitch! fucker!!! i swear i am going to skin you alive!!!!"

"looks like you're on your way of doing that" harris muttered

"why did you touch her!!!! SHE IS MINE!!!"

oh god.... it's not the DNA result. don't tell me.... sht! sht! sht!

"well, not anymore. i wish you put up the volume so you can hear her lustful moan when she came... with me.... inside her"

"motherfckr!!!!!"

hindi ko na mapigilan yung luha ko. sht harris, you have a nasty way of dealing with things. i know this is the idea he was referring so brayden will sign the divorce paper. i'm really in panic right now, puro dugo na yung muka ni harris. sobrang galit na galit si brayden and there's nothing i can do to stop him.

"God you'll kill him! please brayden stop!" i plead between my cry.

and in one last strong punch as if putting all his strength on it. brayden stop.

"this is your revenge right?"

"what the hell man?" harris said while wiping the blood from his face.

"ginagantihan mo ko because of Selene!"

who's selene? medyo napatigil si harris. pero agad din syang nakabawi. though he made a sad smile.

"i don't know why you need to brought that up"

"i did you a favor! it's for your own good! selene loves you very much. you just don't know and there's not much time left for her to show it to you! she doesn't want you to mourn for her. she doesn't want to see you crying because or her-"

"i know the truth behind your betrayal brayden. don't take me for a fool, i've searched what's the truth and found it... just that... it's too late, she' gone. you see.... she doesn't want me to see that, she doesn't want me to do that, she doesn't want me to feel that and all that bullshit! it's all about HER. she did that because she doesn't want to feel guilty! she doesn't want to take the responsibility of my feelings! all about what she doesn't want! and what about what i want? but she choose the selfish way and broke my heart. there's nothing i can do about the past brayden. it's done"

"lies!!!! you hate me! you despise me!"

"to me...you are a family.... and that.... will always be the same"

I am shocked to what's happening and i don't know what they're talking about this selene, but i have to stop this before brayden starts to punch harris again.

"Brayden, please... stop"

he look at me, his eyes murderous and his body shaking with anger. he shove harris away and took a long stride towards me. he reached my wrist and hold me with iron grip like he's afraid of me slipping away from him.

"i can forgive this. just... please.... let's go home my wife"

tears fell from my face. please don't make this hard for me.

"brayden.... i'm sorry... so sorry... i can't" i said between my sobs.

he imprison me with his strong arms and held me like his life depends on it. how can i do this? i can't tell him the reason, it will hunt him. that's why i need to....

"i stole your money.... i gave it to my father"

"i don't care, you can have all my money and won't give a damn about it. as long as i have you. that's all i want"

"i hate you.... remember you said i'm just a convenient trash to you? well, i feel the same way to you"

"Lies!"

"remember brayden... i have always hated you from the start. then we got married. i thought... resistance wouldn't do any good. sabi nga, if you can't beat it, join them. so i let myself be boss around by you.... but that ends now. thank you for everything though"

i tried to smile... i never thought, that smiling can be this painful. he showed me a face i never clearly seen before.... a face of someone in.... no no no... don't say it!!!

"I love you Serin"

lumuhod sya sa harap ko.... pleading... parang tinutusok ng libo libong karayom and puso ko.

" I love you serin....i love you"

"well, i don't" i nearly choke on my words.

As if time stood still... until harris grasp my arms advising me that it's time to go. to go where?

"g-goodbye" i said to brayden which is froze on the floor, nakaluhod pa din sya at nakayuko and he's not saying anything. para na syang estatwa sa position nya.

i love you.... i love you too. but this time... we need to part.

It's been 6 months now. Right after that day, harris, well kiel, he wants me to call him kiel and i went to states to start a new life. a new life without brayden. pero hanggang ngayon ay ayaw makipag kita sakin ni brayden para iprocess yung divorce paper, so basically, we are still married. habang tinatanggal ko yung mga snow sa labas ng bahay, i never thought i will see him again.

"B-brayden?"

he smile. but there's nothing into that. he still looks handsome as i remember him. but there's sadness behind his eyes. sadness that i have caused him.

"you look great my w- i mean, serin"

i attempt to smile so i won't cry.

"t-thank you, kiel is inside do you want me to call him-"

"no... i won't be long, i just want to give you this"

iniabot nya sakin ang isang envelope.

"what's this?"

"take a look, i wish it makes you happy"

i open the envelope and it carries the documents for.... divorce. He... he signed it. i take a look at him one more time. because i can feel that this might be the last. i wanted to engrave his face into my heart. I love you.... i whisper to my self and i'm sorry... i hope he can hear me, i hope he can't. i wanted to run to him and be in his arms were i am truly belong.

he's looking at me as well, like memorizing every inch of me.

"Goodbye" he mutter

"G-oodbye" i choked.

slowly... very slowly... he turn his back on me.

then he walk away....

i watched him....

i'm screaming inside and dying...

but i just watched him....

until he's gone.....