Chapter 46

I was currently sitting at the kitchen table on my laptop eating my grilled cheese sandwich. I heard the squeak of the water turning off for the upstairs shower, signalling that Luke has just gotten out of the shower.

A couple of minutes later I hear him walk down the stairs.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," I mumbled.

"What are you eating?"

"Grilled cheese," I told him.

"Did you leave some for me?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"No. I can make you some if you want?"

"No it's okay. I am meeting Coby and the boys for lunch," he explained to me.

"Okay then. Just leave your poor little sister here alone all by herself," I said sarcastically, trying my best to make him feel guilty.

Luke laughed at my comment.

"You will be fineee,"he told me and trailed off as if he was thinking about something.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked me, looking unsure.

"Yeah course."

"Have you heard from Tyde lately? It's just he hasn't been at uni for a couple of weeks," he asked completely changing the subject. His question caught me off guard.

I didn't know how to answer his question. What do I say? 'OH YEAH I have heard from him, he just got a girl from my school pregnant. No biggy' obviously I couldn't say that.

"N-no I haven't," I lied.

"Okay. Sorry I just wanted to know."

"Why? I thought you guys hated each other," I reminded him.

"We do but I was just curious. I mean he never really comes to uni anyway but he still does because I know he wants to graduate. Just these past couple of weeks I have noticed that he hasn't come." I couldn't help but wonder how he was going as much as I didn't even want to think about him.

"Oh" is all I can say "can we just talk about something else?" I asked not wanting to be on the topic of 'Tyde' anymore.

"Why? What's going on between you two?" He asked.

"No nothing. I just don't want to talk about him," I shrugged trying to act normal.

"But..." He trailed off.

I looked at him. "What?"

"No nothing. I don't want to fight," he said. And I could tell he was dying to ask me something but was holding back.

"Okay," was all I replied.

The next couple of seconds were filled with silence.

Luke then walked out of the room without looking back.

*********
Today was the day.

Today was the day I was going to the Riverton university open day. Which was Luke's university. I was so excited. And if I liked the University I would apply for it for next year. I am sure I will love it.

High school is okay. But I was so excited for university next year.

I walked out of my room from getting changed into the outfit that I had chosen to wear for today's big event which was the open day. I saw Luke coming out of his room at the same time.

"Morning," I smiled at him.

"Why are you already dressed? The open day doesn't start until 10" he informed me.