CHAPTER 30 HAPPINESS

The sun has come.
The mist has gone.
We see in the distance...
our long way home.
I was always yours to have.
You were always mine.
We have loved each other in and out of time.

When the first stone looked up at the blazing sun
and the first tree struggled up from the forest floor
I had always loved you more.
You freed your braids...
gave your hair to the breeze.
It hummed like a hive of honey bees.
I reached in the mass for the sweet honey comb there....
Mmmm...God how I love your hair.

You saw me bludgeoned by circumstance.
Lost, injured, hurt by chance.
I screamed to the heavens....loudly screamed....
Trying to change our nightmares into dreams...
The sun has come.
The mist has gone.
We see in the distance our long way home.

I was always yours to have.
You were always mine.
We have loved each other in and out
in and out
in and out
of time.

In and Out of Time by Maya Angelou

Chapter 30

Destiny sat in living room sipping a glass of wine, just kind of staring at nothing in particular. She had a huge smiled plastered across her face, it was like she was in a trance.

"Hey baby I'm home" Cam said as he came the door. He sat his bag down and walked over and sat next to her. Des didn't realize he was there until he kissed her on her cheek.

"Oh hey baby, I didn't even know you were home. When did you get here"

Cam looked at her a smiled" baby you silly, give me a kiss" he embraced her and kissed her gently on the lips.

"Why you just sitting here babe"

"Oh " she said and turned to him, handing him photo album with their picture on the front.

"Oh, our pictures came, that's wzup" he said and took it out of her hands. He pulled her closer to him as they began looking at it together.

There were pictures of them getting ready before the wedding, the ceremony, the reception and the honeymoon.

"These are nice, dude did a good job"

"yeah he did. we also have our dvd"

"oh aight, you didn't watch it without me did you" he said with a smirk on his face

"No, why would I do that" she said with a slight grin

"Dezzy!!"

"Ok, ok I started to watch it. I couldn't help it baby, I was too excited don't be mad." She looked at him pouting her lips and got close to his face.

"Who could be mad at that face" he said pecking her on the lips.

"Ok soooooo do you wanna watch it with me while we eat"

"sounds good babe. what are we eating"

"oh, I made shrimp stir fry with rice"

"mmmm ok, let me go change and shower and ill be back down ok"

"ok" she said and kissed him before he walked away and went upstairs.

Cam walked upstairs and took his clothes off and hopped into the shower. He turned it on warm and let the water run all over him. His thoughts trailed off to how good life had been with his queen. It was so surreal to him. One minute his was loving her from a distance and watching her go through hell. Then he finally confessed his love for her. Now the were married and talking about starting a family. It was crazy how life had changed drastically in a matter of almost 2 years.