CHAPTER 23 HOLDING ON

Lightning flashed, blinded my innocent, trusting eyes.

Thunder ravaged my soul, and forced out my cries.

Destructive winds threatened, ripped me all apart.

Raindrops, the tears that ever flooded my heart.

Dark clouds were ever-present, in turbulent air.

Yet, no winds could stir the flowers in my hair.

No longer waiting for that storm to pass the hill.

I left it behind, and walked away by my own will.

A rainbow shined beautifully, yet arched into a frown.

As every now and then, the rain still comes down.

I have stepped right over you, like scattered debris.

As the sun's rays now light down a new path for me.

After The Storm by Kelly Dreschler

Chapter 23

Destiny stood in  her apartment staring at  a box with a ribbon on her kitchen counter and the vase full of roses, wondering how it got there.  She instantly got happy because of course they were from Cam. She had been at her apartment for a couple days so she hadn't seen him .She came home so she could clean up and do laundry make sure everything was straight. She smelled the flowers and then picked up the card to read it and it said.

I miss you

She was smiling from ear to ear. She grabbed her phone so she could call him and say thank you.

"Hey babe, thank you for my gifts"

Cam was confused for a moment because he didn't remember sending her anything.

"What are you talking about I didn't send you anything"

" Really Cam. I have in my hand a bracelet and a vase full off long stem roses."

" What the hell. Des I didn't send you that. what the hell is going on"

"Huh so if you didn't then who did. You are the only person that has keys"

"Shit!! I'm coming over right now" he said and hung up the phone

Destiny stood there in shock because she finally realized who they were from. She shoved the bracelet back into the box and backed away from it. "How did he get in here, omg" she thought. She sat down on the couch  and just stared at the wall. "Why the hell was he in my apartment, he has some nerve. This is really crossing the line,I can't believe him.".

She stood up and grabbed her phone.

"What's up I see you got your stuff, calling to say thank you"

"How the hell did you get in my apartment Shawn"

"Its me. I got a way of getting what I want. So did you like em"