The Three Musketeers

Start from the beginning

"We are going to need to sit," I sigh.

"I need a drink," Edward replies.

"No," Oswald and I say.

"You are awful drunk," I glare at him. He puts his hands up in surrender.

We all stand there, the three of us talking in mundane language rather than in riddles and lies. I tell Edward and Oswald about The White Queen, about what I know about Alice. Oswald fills in few gaps with The White Queen that I missed, about the girls that have been coming out of the woodwork to go after me all having Jonathan in common. Edward tells us about Jonathan in detail, not looking at me as he does. He explains that Jonathan is as I thought somewhere trapped in his mind unable to come out. Scarecrow has taken full force and the only reason that Eddie hasn't been hurt is because Scarecrow generally likes him. I bit my lip during it all wondering more about Jonathan but knowing that he doesn't matter as much as Alice.

"This blows my mind," Oswald breathes, finally taking out his chair and sitting down.

"Who knew the bitch first?" I turn to Eddie.

"Johnny," he tuts, sitting down on the sofa chair in exhaustion, I walk over and sit on his lap, he brings up my legs and I rest my head on his shoulder. "You have to eat you know," he gently whispers in my ear. I know he means well however it still upsets me.

"You're not my father or Bruce. You're just my best friend," I jokily reply. He gives me a weak smile. "You two didn't fight over her?"

"Please, I let him have her anything that would get him out of that dark cloud he constantly had over his head," he looks at me, his eyes narrowing. "You were the girl in college."

"What?" I smirk, completely confused.

"No way," Oswald grins from ear to ear.

"What are you two going on about now?" I sigh and turn to glare at Edward.

"One night," Oswald laughs and Eddie joins in.

"We got so drunk," Eddie adds in.

"So drunk," Oswald snorts.

"This story is so much better when Johnny tells it," Edward reminds him. Oswald nods in agreement. "Anyway we shared stories. I mentioned first kisses."

"No," I glare at Edward some more.

"Please Care Bear you weren't my first kiss," Edward assures me. I roll my eyes, telling him without a word that isn't what I meant.

"Jonathan was the oldest to have his first kiss. His was better than ours."

"Stop it. I was not his first kiss," I deny that idea swiftly.

"Why would he lie?" Oswald rolls his eyes.

"Senior in college, valedictorian takes really hot girl he was in love with back to her dorm room. Doesn't have...," I don't let Edward finish slapping his arm in anger.

"You would have to admit they are cute together," Oswald grins, taking a sip of vodka from his desk.

"Just the cutest," Edward admits.

My mind grows heavy at the thought of Jonathan. His bedroom, his touch, his monotone voice, his arms around me, and his fears of being loved so apparent with every soft sweet word he said to me. I miss him. I miss him so much. I need him back. I need that person back.

"We're going to get him back my dear," Oswald's eyes grow wide at the tears that have formed in my eyes. Edward holds me tighter in a comforting jester.