I love you anyway

"Show me your broken heart and all your scars. Baby I'll take you as you are."

- 'As You Are' by The Weekend.

"Cassandra," Bruce voices is heard through my phone. I'm sitting in his bed reading a book as I hit the answer button.

"What," I roll my eyes and get up, closing my book.

"Don't give me that look," that got a ghost of a smile to form on my lips. He can't even see me yet he knows the look I'm giving him. That man is so annoying, I roll my eyes and listen to his voice on the other line, "I need help with down in the Batcave."

"Fine, I'll be right down. If you have gotten yourself stuck or trapped again. I'm leaving you there," he starts to protest as I hang up the phone with a small laugh.

I get up and walk down the hallway; it feels like my home now. Just like my home feels like Bruce's. I walk down the grand staircase quickly,

"Alfred. I think we will be calling the fire department this time," I pass him and he follows me, holding a basket in his hands that I don't give a second glance to.

"Why will we be doing this, Mistress Cassandra?"

"I think Bruce has done something childish yet again. The last time I helped him I almost broke his arm," I glance at Alfred as we reach the back entrance doors.  Through the window I see Bruce outside, his back turned from me.

"You broke his finger." Alfred's docile voice reminds me. 

"And he has never let that go," I say jokingly, raising my hands up in protest.

"And just recently..." I stop him,

"That's why I said fire department." I call out to Bruce loudly, "This better be important...."

"I wouldn't have bothered you if it wasn't," Bruce smirks. I smile my half smile the one I had been giving him for the past five months.

I walk outside, the lush green grass brushing against my bare feet; there is a slight breeze that whips my hair around in a honeycomb looking pattern. 

"What's going on? You look fine to me," I cross my arms over my chest. He pulls out a ring shaped box. My mouth drops and my hands start to shake as I put them behind my back and slip off Jonathan's ring and move it to my right hand.

"You can't be..."  Bruce gets down on one knee.

"You're my best friend. You're my partner in every part of my life. I have loved you my whole life and I want to keep loving you for the rest of it, I'm not sure how much of it will have though," he laughs as both of our minds go back to the near death experiences we have faced. "I know and I understand I'm not your first choice. I'm not asking you for all of your heart."

"Bruce," I say tears falling.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes. Yes," I jump up and down, throwing myself into Bruce's arms and he falls back.

"Ow. I still have the bruised rib," he grits his teeth and I adjust myself so he is comfortable.

"I said I was sorry about that," I kiss his face.

"Can I put the ring on?" He asks and I hold my hand out.

"It is so big," I look at it falling back to the grassy ground, Bruce sits up and collects me in his arms, his long legs around my body and his head over my shoulder to look at me with questioning,