Sweet Death Angel

"Some allies are more dangerous than enemies" 

- George R.R. Martin

I walk down the hallway, my black heels hitting the floor in a 4 4 time. I try not to look over my shoulder as the men of the gang I'm visiting close in on me. Their hungry eyes look at me and I prepare myself for whatever action I might have to take. I arrive at the large black front door where a hulking African American man stands in front.

"I was told that the White Queen is here." I raise my eyebrows, coating my voice with a British accent.

"Who told you that?" the man smiles his white teeth sinister.

"You hear around the parts," I respond, smiling a little over the patient at Arkham I tortured to get the information.

"I can't let you in without a name."

"You know. You could be a nice man and tell your boss someone is here to see her." He shakes his head. I go to slip past him, he grabs onto my dark plum leather jacket pushing me back exactly like I wanted him to. I slip out of the jacket and step to the side. He falls a little forward. I get in back of his body, kicking him down so he falls face first to the floor.

All the men in the room stand alert, seeing that I'm not a normal bitch.

"Come on boys. I'm a little bored," I crack my neck and as another man takes center stage. He is smaller therefore he has a larger gun to compensate. 

I run at him, aiming for his chest, pushing him over with hard force. I reach into my pocket and pulling out my hand knife, I slice his neck wide open. Someone grabs onto my back forcing me upright, I step on his foot, whipping around and reaching down below the belt for his gun. I grab on and put his body over mine to using him as a shield. I take out the three remaining men with three bullets each to the head as they fire at me. I drop the gun and use my hold on the man to break his neck, just in case he might be alive. I let him go and he falls slack to the floor. I walk by one of the other men, taking the gun from his pocket and putting it in my pocket. As I walk by the African American man I forced to the floor, I fire three bullets in the back of his head for good measure, picking up my leather jacket. I sling it over my shoulder and take out of hair tie, letting my red wigs hair fall around my shoulders.

I sigh and rather than knocking on the door like a good little girl, I shoot the lock and the door falls open. Four men in heavy body armor and machine guns greet me as the door fully opens. This won't be as easy.

"You must be the real protection." I smile at them winking at the tallest blond haired man.

"That's enough, if she made it past those guards she can make it past you," an older woman's voice says.

They back away and I'm greeted by a blonde haired woman with green eyes. She is sitting at a desk with her feet up, sipping from a wine glass.

"You must be the new Gotham girl," she smiles, dropping her long legs. She stands, her snow white fur coat hits the floor, and her white heels tap lightly on the ground as she makes her way to me, putting the wine glass into one of her men's hands. "What do they call you? Sweet Death Angel?"

"Sure, though that's a little wordy" I shrug my shoulders; I thought she would look so different. I have been trying to find her for two months. If I knew it was going to be this easy to meet her... I wouldn't have killed all of those people... Oh well collateral damage. I had no idea they had given her a name, I have been using this new persona to get into the gang network in Gotham without Bruce knowing.

"Leave us," she throws her arms open and they start to leave, "And clean up those bodies. I think burning them will be best. Shut the door," they shut the door in a hurry. "When you are at the level I am respect is given, she smiles and takes my hand, shaking it.

"I need..." I start thinking about how I have a small window until Bruce is home and he will start to ask questions... Ones I don't wish to give him the answer to.

"I wasn't finished. Look sugar," she walks to where all of her alcohol is, pouring a new glass of wine. "You can put on a new suit and call yourself a new name but I know who you are. You are a legend in the female community. I would know your fighting style anywhere."

"My fighting style is unlike..."

"It may be more erratic. Less planned, however, it is still clean accurate and leaves me impressed. Change your name, change your suit, and change your hair color. You are still Madame Raven."

"She works with Batman. I go outside of that jurisdiction," I cross my arms. She smiles and shakes her head, moving back to her desk, her white fur coat dragging as she walks.

"Take a seat," she points to the seat in front of her as she sits.  I sit with apprehension. "That's why you made another girl. I can understand. No one else suspects a thing. I'm sure Batman doesn't."

"You have no proof."

"If you don't fess up to the truth, I'll kill you right now sugar," she takes the gun off of her desk and points it at me.

"Kill me. I don't care anymore."

"That has changed as well. You used to be more guarded now you leave yourself open to be killed. You make sure you're not but you are asking for it almost. I can't trust you if you aren't honest with me and I feel like you need more friends than enemies."

"If you figured it out fine. That's all you're getting."

"Look. I want to make you a temporary partner. You know Scarecrows toxin. You know the man and the monster. I have a big deal coming up. I need someone I can trust. You want your little boyfriend back. I'm not stupid."

"Where did you hear that?" I sigh and run my fingers through the red strands.

"About Madame Raven having a thing for the Scarecrow? I didn't. I guessed. You knowing the man behind the mask. Was a given. No woman would risk her life for the Scarecrow. They would for one hell of a man. Was he?"

"He still is. You have Sweet Death Angel as a partner. You don't have Madame Raven."

"I can live with that," she reaches over and puts her hand out. I reach mine out and shake hers.

"Tomorrow is when I meet with him. Midnight at the docks. Will you be off from your double life or your triple?" I sigh and nod. This woman is fine. I can 'trust' her for as long as I need to.

"Yes. I'll be available."

After a year and seven months, I'm finally seeing the person I love. I'm trading in the long months of crying behind closed doors and smiling brightly in front of the many cameras that Bruce tells me to stay away from. I might just be happy. Just seeing him might give me hope of getting him back. Of being with him.

Authors Note: Hi everyone! I'm back and ready to go with a darker little theme going. I'm going through a massive transition and so has Cara been. I think we are both dealing with shit. So meet a different girl. Cassandra will be Cassandra, smart ass comments, attempts at being funny. But she is a little bit sadder, hard.

So I dedicated this chapter to my close internet friend Lunarmuse because she is awesome and has been such a great help with everything.

I love you all. Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote or comment so I know you like this new idea.

XOXOX