13. The Sea's Depths

Part Two
A Pirate's Life

TTW Ch13

The story begins, now dear reader let me remind you, this may be a love story, but you have not seen anything yet. There will always be great mystery in a low, cheating, pirate falling in love with the honorable princess, and her finding it in her heart to care for him even after the betrayal, but this is more then a love story.

All have learned that love is tragic. Killian fell for the beautiful Swan, and lost her to a dirty, low life hood. Emma had began to fill a whole in his heart, but now the whole was growing larger each moment he was separated from her. He lost a piece of himself that day that he did not know he still had, but it was too late. The princess was in harms way and it was his fault.

His only wish was to get her safely home, in the palace, and get his troublesome self far way from her, even if it meant his own undoing. The thief, the pirate, the traitor, he wished for her safety.

Killian was going to do everything it took to save Emma, his darling swan.

-----------

Now during this time in the enchanted forest, an ogre war had begun in a distant kingdom. The giant beasts had appeared almost out of no where, destroying the lands. The people knew of only one way to solve their problem. They summoned an ancient darkness, Zoso, the dark one. He was a trickster with a rotten mind. Zoso held back the beasts, but he allowed people still to be murdered. He was a dark hearted man after all.

The villages called for volunteers, but none came. They had to draft every able man to fight.

One of these men went by the name of Rumplestiltskin. His father was the village coward, and he himself was raised with the title, but he's found love with the beautiful maid, Milah. She saw the hero in Rumple. He was a good man behind the cowardice. They had a strong son, almost twenty now, Baelfire, and they had a peaceful, happy life.

Until both the men were drafted. Milah knew her boys would be brave. She saw this as a chance to live out of the family name. They could be war heroes, legends like that of Snow White and King David. She was prepared to kiss them goodbye and watch them march out the door to battle.

Rumple had a harder time. He was happy with his little cottage. He knew if he and his son fought, everything would change. He tried to convince Baelfire and Milah to run away with him, but neither of them listened. It soon came time to fight, but Rumple couldn't bear it.

He slammed a sledgehammer onto his leg, crushing all the bones in it, and was sent home to his unhappy wife. Bae was called home too, to take care of his sickly father.

The son and wife were angered, but Milah was more then that. She wanted more in life. She wanted to live and thrive, not just cower in the corner while the others get their happy endings. She became unfaithful, and one day found herself boarding the pirate ship of Bonley Denson.

She wanted to sail away, the only way to get passage on a ship was a pirate, and the only way to get to a pirate was through his lusty eyes. She pretended to be in love with Denson, if love is even a word for it. His feelings for her were not true either, he was but a greedy pirate.

Things were not going well for Rumple's family. He wanted a way to protect his son and find his wife. Zoso tricked him into stealing the dagger and murdering him so he would be freed of the curse.

And so, a new dark one was forged in the mist of revenge. Rumplestiltskin was now, and forever tethered to the darkness until the day he died.

-----------