Hello...Again

Homework was a breeze, however knocking on Jace's door wasn't. You can do this Ariel. I slowly raise my fist and knock on the wooden door three times. I should have stayed home. Before I could route my escape the door opens.

"Oh, Hello Ariel!" Jace's mom exclaims looking me up and down.

"Hi, Is Jace home and if he is may I talk to him?" I ask in nervousness and shaking hands.

"Don't be so nervous honey, come in," she replies noting my nervous figure.

As I enter I see Jace walking down the stairs in an oversized maroon sweatshirt and beige khakis.

"What's up El?" He says.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go camping with us this weekend?" I ask with my nerves on fire.

"Sure, if that's okay with you mom?"

"Of course, it's always nice to see you make new friends," she utters.

Soon enough Jace's mom leaves us to go to the gym and we are left alone. He sits down at the far end of his black couch and I lay down and rest my feet on his thighs as he turns on the T.V. Did I mention that we are really close?

"This camping trip, is there gonna be food?" He asks with a smirk.

"Duh," I laugh as I rest my eyes back to the television.

"How many tents are there going to be?" He asks moving closer towards me.

My nerves are shot and my heart starts to race. At this point I am sitting up. "Depends on how many people are coming," I state, trying hard to focus on the distraction. His body is right next to me, I can feel his body heat radiating over me.

"How many people did you invite?" He questions.

He places his hand on my thigh, my mind in a frenzy of anxiety. "You and my mom," I tell him as I turn to look him in the eye. A look of pure confusion crosses him.

"I thought your mom was the girl at your house?" He asks using hand gestures.

"Nope," I say.

"So, uh nevermind," he hesitates.

"So what?" I ask with genuine thought.

"Where's your mom?"

" I don't really feel comfortable talking about that, we don't have the best relationship." I explain with tears coming to my eyes. My face growing a frown and my body starts to shake.

"Can I hug you?" He awkwardly asks.

"Please and thank you." I say standing up with him in unison. Our eyes meet and in that moment I think that I might really like him. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and I sigh as I place my hands around his waist.