Darkness and beeps

Darkness and emptiness is all i felt as well as a pounding pain coming from the back of my head i tried opening my eyes but they felt so heavy i couldn't open them. My breathing was not normal it was hard to breath every time i did a pain shot through my chest. I could feel tubes in my noes and throat which were highly uncomfortable. I tried to move but it was no use i couldn't move i felt paralysed.

Beeping coming from something next to me gave it away i was in a hospital. But wait why am i in a hospital i don't remember anything. What could possibly happened to make me have to go into hospital and be hooked up to god knows how many machines.

Low voices caught my attention not being able to move closer to the sound i just listened carefully. " I'm very sorry mr and mrs clark but your daughter Victoria is in a coma and there is nothing more we can do other than wait and hope she decides to stay with us a little longer " a man said in a sad but comforting tone. Then I realised wait a minute he was talking about me I'm in a coma so this is my moment to choose...

Do i want to go back to a life where everyday was a real life nightmare with beatings from my violent father...

Or go and experience peace where he could no longer hurt me and ruin my life any more...

But what about mum what if he hurts her. But he might not hurt her if i go. If i go then i would be protecting mum.

I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to...