Begin Again

The thought of having to walk into school made Chloe want to slam her head into a wall. It was currently 7:00am and she was sitting in her car in the parking lot of her high school. She had watched plenty of kids walk in already, all dressed up in their first day of school outfits and big excited smiles on their faces. Chloe most definitely did not have a smile on her face but she did have a nice outfit on. Look good, feel good right? At least that was the energy Chloe was trying to manifest. Her pouting was put to a stop with a bang on her window. It was Laurel, bent down so she could look straight into the car.

"Get your ass up bitch! You can't miss homeroom." She exclaimed. Chloe groaned as she turned of her car and grabbed her things.

"Fuck I don't want to be here!!" Chloe complained. Laurel ignored her pouting for the most part as they walked towards the front doors of the school. Principal Werthers stood at the front door, glaring at Chloe as she walked in. They most definitely had beef.

"Yeah fuck you too Werthers." Chloe said after they walked through the doors.

"That man hates your guts."

"Feeling is 100 percent mutual." Chloe said as Laurel laughed. They briefly stopped at Laurel's locker before making their way over to Chloe's. Eden, Emily and Dianna were already congregated there just as they did every morning. The sight of her friends actually got her to crack a smile.

"There she is!" Dianna exclaimed.

"Happy junior year weirdos!" Chloe exclaimed. She unlocked her locker as the other caught up, she wondered if Fiona would show.

"Hey there stranger." A voice whispered in her ear, she turned to see Shay, as beautiful as ever smiling in front of her. Chloe grinned.

"Well well well look who came to visit." Chloe said. They had been talking since Friday night, they even stayed on Facetime for 4 hours on Saturday. Shay had finally agreed on hanging out this coming weekend, Chloe was excited.

"I thought I'd come find you since we're going to the same place." Shay said. The two of them had Chemistry together first period.

"How kind of you to think of me." Chloe responded just as the first bell rang. The group split off in their own directions and Shay followed Chloe to Chemistry. They walked together, recaping each other's schedules and making cheeky remarks. On the way, they passed Fiona and Kirsten walking in the opposite direction. Fiona averted her gaze, Kirsten once again looked smug. Chloe could feel the tension build in her jaw.

"Jesus you really don't like her." Shay laughed. Chloe turned, embarrassed Shay caught her getting emotional.

"I don't. I think she's a smug bastard." Chloe muttered.

"Fiona?"

"No no Kirsten."

"Interesting." Shay responded, almost like she had read the situation wrong. Chloe had yet to fill her in on the entirety of the story. Chloe guessed it made sense that she was trying to fill in the blanks. They arrived at their class and sat down at the same lab table together. They spent the period laughing at how the other looked in lab goggles and their impressions of their nerdy teacher Mr. Riggs.

-

Her class before lunch was Calculus. Chloe was surprised to see Fiona in a seat at the back of the class by herself. Chloe scanned the room looking for a better option, she saw no one else she knew. She decided to be a good friend.

"This seat taken?" Chloe said in her Forrest Gump voice. It was their favorite movie to watch together. Fiona looked up and smiled so big that Chloe could have swore her heart stopped beating for a second. It still shocked her that a smile from Fiona made her feel that much still. She thought she had made some progress, yet here she was.