"All this time, this entire time, everything you told us you knew about EXO Planets was because you are one of them, you're part of that sickos plans. I cannot believe we were dumb enough to trust you! How can we even be sure you were telling us the truth now? You probably lied to us this entire time to get us in your grip, right where you wanted us. You probably told them where we were so they could attack us at the motel didn't you?!" Daehyun shouted with pure aggression, he had never been so angry before, he had never had to use his voice to show his emotions so much, his throat was starting to itch and ache already.

"I promise you that we had no intention to do that, we didn't know they would come to the motel, we didn't think they would find us. What would that matter to you anyway?" Lay snarled, gaining his confidence when he remembered that he was the overly strong alien here, not Daehyun.

"Because you're the ones that we're meant to be stopping! We should have had you dead weeks ago!" Daehyun shouted, only to stop when he realised what he too had done, just like Lay.

"I can't believe I just told you that, they're going to kill me" At least he could relate to something with Lay, they would be lucky to make it out of this situation alive.

"Hold on a second. Is Hope the one we've been looking for? That means they weren't after us, they were actually trying to take her, and your those warriors from Mato Planet that were sent to stop us, and you've been succeeding with our help, holy cow" Daehyun didn't understand that Lay was a flabbergasted and nervous wreck and that his laughter was, in fact, him actually struggling to comprehend what he should do.

"I wouldn't be laughing if I were you, with our Matoki's it's an even fight" Daehyun snarled at Lay who was laughing at him mockingly.

"Oh my god they're actually real? Tell me how you summon them, is it like Pokémon? Do you have a ball in your back pocket that you whip out and scream 'Matoki I chose you?' Oh my god"

"So, what were you saying?" Daehyun was suddenly smirking and Lay was forced to look at the sudden newcomer perched on the bed between them. Lay cooed at the bunny, it stood on its two solid feet on the bed, blinking up at him with its winged eyes and its pink ears, screaming innocence at the man from EXO Planet. The Matoki acted quickly when it saw Lay's hand stretching out towards it. With the tug of a zip quicker than Lay's eye could comprehend, its hood was up, covering the cute charm it previously had as it grew from its original size on the bed and bared to him rows of wide and sharp teeth that had Lay gulping.

"So, would you like to tell me where the girl's parents are?" Daehyun inquired with a cunning smirk, his eyebrow raising and his arms crossing over his chest as Lay looked up at him with terrified eyes from the Matoki separating them.

------------

After some time there was an agreement forming between the two, neither of them seemed to be liking each other much anymore but neither of them wanted to die at the hands of their team members.

"So then it's agreed, you're going to keep quiet about what I told you and I won't tell anyone what you told me?" It was meant to be a question, but Lay figured that Yongguk must have had too much of an impact on his underlings because it sounded nothing like the question it should have sounded like. It sounded more like an order that Lay could only nod in agreement to. Lay still couldn't look at the Matoki that was rested by its owner, leaning into Daehyun's side comfortably until it fell asleep. It was back to its original size, its head was at Daehyun's thigh and its ears were stretched across Daehyun's lap to almost touch the bed on the other side of Daehyun's legs.

What have I just done?

"Ya, Lee Hope what did I tell you about eating? That you need to keep doing it! You only eat when I make you and it's not good for you!" Himchan nagged, it felt like he was screaming right into Hope's ear but the man was just next to her, waving his arms around as he got frustrated with her. They were walking along the dark hall side by side and once he was done throwing himself around Hope grabbed his arm, pulling him to her so that she could fight off the feeling of something creeping up behind her.