Chapter Fifteen - Part 1

Saturday, 17th July

~Nova~

Okay so, I have no clue why I'm here.

Like, I know we established that it's Tyler's party and I should go because I like him and blah blah blah. However, looking around at the heaps of teenagers grinding on each other, taking shots and making out, I have decided that this was a bad idea.

"This was a bad idea." I muttered to Christine, who was casually leaning on the banister of the staircase.

"We've been here for an hour and nothing, nothing interesting has happened." I exclaimed in frustration.

"Is this all people do at parties? Surely-"

"You know, I would usually tell you that you're being unreasonable but for once in my life, I agree with your prudish ways." Christine cut in swiftly and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm going to ignore you because you're my friend." I glanced around, looking for where Kyoko had disappeared to. She told us she was getting a drink but I have enough knowledge in my little head to know that getting a drink doesn't take more than 20 minutes.

I scanned the crowded hallway and living room for a head of orange.

That girl is like a chameleon.

Gingerly holding my blue solo cup, I pushed my way through the dance floor with determination causing various insults to erupt from the mouths of tipsy teenagers.

I sighed once I had reached the garden, the fresh air helping my clear my head.

"N-nova?" My eyes widened and I spun around to face Tyler, who was staring at me with wide eyes also.

"What are you-"

"Hi Tyler-"

We both chuckled at our attempts to talk at the same time before he smiled at me.

"I didn't e-expect to see you here. I d-didn't think parties were your thing." I shrugged.

"My friends made me come." He tilted his head ever so slightly and I realised how rude that sounded.

"N-no, I totally wanted to come too, I just meant...I meant-"

"Now you're the one s-stuttering." I laughed at his joke and he gave me that adorable smiled, causing my insides to melt.

"C-can I get you a drink?" I looked down into my empty cup and back up into his warm eyes.

"That would be great, thanks Tyler." He took hold of my cup and started towards the house.

I sighed as he walked away and shuffled awkwardly from one foot to the other. The garden was more or less empty apart from a guy with short hair, typing away on his phone.

I've never felt so awkward in my life. And that's saying a lot.

Well to be honest, that's probably not true. I can definitely think of a worse moment.

"So that was Mr. Perfect, huh?" I jumped at the sound of the deep voice and turned, only to come face to face with trouble himself.

"You came." He shrugged at me.

"I had nowhere better to be." I nodded at him and then realised something.

"Were you out here the whole time?"

"Long enough to see you two trying to flirt with each other. It was disappointing." I scoffed at him.

"Didn't you say that you didn't want to talk to me anymore? I'm pretty sure you said that." I held his unreadable gaze for a couple seconds before he walked past me and sat on one of the outdoor garden chairs.

"You're interesting Princess."

I stared at his retreating figure for a while before I scoffed.

Seriously, this guy thought he was the shit. The way he stood with his muscular arms folded in front of his muscular chest.

Man, he was sculpted.

Stop it Nova.

I glanced up at the dark sky above and sighed.

Interesting, he says...

"Nova!" Jumping, I looked down at a flushed Tyler, holding two bottles of some sort of friendly fruit juice.

Just kidding, they were beers.

"Tyler?" I questioned, a little confused at his choice of drink (considering he doesn't drink and stuff).

He chuckled and shrugged it off.

"We r-ran out of coke, so Peter said I should offer you a b-beer instead..."

He looked completely unsure of the whole situation, so Instead of questioning him further, I gingerly took hold of the bottle.

"What about you? You don't drink..." He shrugged and popped open the bottle with an opener.

"There's a first time for everything, I g-guess..."

And that was the start of a disastrous night and an interesting month.

***

~I'm trying to update but A-Levels are tiring >.< Fact of the week: 'Mr. Owl ate my metal worm' is the same backwards o.o The song at the start is one of my favourites so enjoy :)

Toodles xx ~