Chapter Fourteen

Saturday, 17th July

2pm

~Tyler~

"Dude, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Like, w-what the hell are these things?" I held up a piece of curly cut ribbon and waved it in front of my best friend's face.

"Streamers, you tie them onto stuff. Makes your house a little bit more..." He glanced around hesitantly.

"Interesting." I scoffed.

"There's n-nothing more interesting than a limited edition 1979 Red Collection Canvas Boy comic."

"Dude, do you hear yourself sometimes?" I shrugged.

Don't get me wrong, Peter's a good friend of mine I mean, we've been bros since we were in diapers but c'mon Canvas Boy is ultimate. You insult him, you insult me.

"Okay s-so what about refreshments. I think I h-h-have enough soda to..." I was cut off by the sound of sniggering.

"What?"

"High School Party. Say it with me: High-"

"Okay, okay I get it. H-high School P-p-party, and?" He gave me a flat look and I shrugged.

"High Schoolers only drink alcohol, it's a well-known fact. Aren't you supposed to be smart?" Rolling my eyes, I shoved a small sofa to the side of my lounge to make space for the dance floor.

"I don't drink."

"Yeah but you're Tyler." I sighed.

"N-nova doesn't drink."

"Yeah but...she's Nova...speaking of, I'm pretty sure she's coming tonight." I froze and then shook my head.

"I'm telling you, I highly doubt that. P-parties aren't really her thing, r-remember?"

"That's what I thought but Luke never lies."

He's right, I'm sure that guy took an oath to like, never lie in his life or something. Even when his mom caught him in his room 'you know what'ing, he totally told the entire truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Like, is that even natural?

"You going to try with her?"

Jheez, he makes it sound like we're trying for a baby. 

"I'm not too sure if I w-want a r-relationship."

"Who said anything about a relationship. Parties are never for finding relationships, they're for one night st-"

"Okay, I get it. B-but that's not what I want."

"One drink and you might." I rolled my eyes at my friend.

Is everything about sex nowadays?

"So will the alcohol in the cellar be enough or do we need to buy more because in case you've forgotten WE'RE UNDERAGE!" I exclaimed at my friend.

He shook his head at me.

"You forgot one small detail my dear friend. I know people." I rolled my eyes at him.

Okay, so remember how I said how he would do anything to be popular?

I've told him time and time again not to let people bully him into doing favours but he seems to think he'll get something in return, as if he actually knows them or something.

Hence what he meant by, 'I know people'.

I glanced at the black clock hanging on the cream wall. 2:27pm.

"Why are w-we even setting up now? Doesn't the p-party start at-"

"I know, I know, this whole thing is just getting me pumped! Did you know Lucas said he might turn up?"

Lucas Fonter. Senior. Basketball Team. Popular Table's third in command.

"And he said that he might bring Mia Desantos!"

Mia Desantos. Junior. 4th official girlfriend of Lucas Fonter. Current head of the Gymnastics Team, and all that jazz.

"Okay, you know what? I'm j-just gonna go to the store quickly...s-s-see if they have any...tea? Yeah, Tea."

And I more or less ran out of my house.

I'm pretty sure I even forgot my keys but I had to get away. All this is too...overwhelming.

~Nova~

6pm

"Leave it alone." I scowled at my Kyoko who was looking at me with large, pleading eyes.

"Please can I just-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"Can I ju-"

"You will not touch my HAIR." I mustered up all the intensity I felt in my very soul so I could give her the coldest glare I could.

Okay, so one thing you should know about me is that I hate when people touch my hair. It's so annoying. I mean, if Tyler did it, maybe, just maybe I would let him off but seriously? No.

I guess out of context, this all seems a bit random.

We're getting ready for Tyler's party. Yay! But not really.

I bet you all want to know what I'm wearing huh?

You nosy lot.

If you don't then go ahead and skip the babbling that will occur shortly. Also, I like you.

If you do want to know then here we go (and also, I don't like you).

Black, Patent Doc Martins are securely on my small feet, complete with black skinny jeans and a dressy teal crop top. Fastened onto my neck is a simple diamond necklace (fake, mind you) and I decided to complete the look by throwing on a leather jacket (although, I just really wanted to look badass).

And also, my zit's gone thanks to some miracle cream Christine gave me. Friendship goals.

"Why are we even getting ready this early?" This earned a sigh from Christine as Kyoko whipped around in an instant, her mascara wand readied like a weapon.

"The party starts at seven and knowing us, we won't leave until at least quarter to seven. Tyler lives half an hour away so we should be fashionably late by then." I shrugged and flopped back onto my bed.

"Do you guys think that he's coming?"

Silence.

Kyoko huffed and turned to face the mirror once again.

"By 'he', I hope you mean Tyler, in which case, it's his party."

"I don't think she means Tyler." Christine chips in and Kyoko rolls her eyes.

"Right, she's talking about Trouble."

"Creative nickname." I sniggered and she smirked.

"I live for your praise. " She shrugged.

"Party's don't seem like Lover Boy's thing."

"You know, he has a name." She laughed expressively.

"Yeah, one that sends shivers down my spine. I'd rather not say it." This time, I rolled my eyes.

"Well, we'll see If he comes." Christine added whilst expertly tying her hair into a messy bun.

"And if he does come, it'll probably be a very interesting night." I looked up at my sunset painted ceiling.

"Yeah, it will, won't it?"