Prologue

"Emma, for the tenth time, please clean the attic! When your father gets home from tour I want the whole house completely clean." Mom nags once again. I roll my eyes and get off the couch.

"Who cares if the attic is clean?" I whine, walking into the dining room where mom was cleaning the credenza.

"I do, now go clean it!" I sigh but give in, knowing this wouldnt go away.

I walk up to the second floor. I could hear Aidan in his bedroom, singing along to some song i've never heard.

I pull the attic door open and climb up the ladder. Dust flies around, causing me to cough and sneeze a few times.

I flicker on the old light, and take in my surroundings. Mostly dust covered boxes, a few old pairs of shoes... and a bunch of posters from my dads old concerts.

I grab the first box and look through it.

A bunch of baby clothes from me and Aidan. I just toss it to the side, as another box catches my eye.

It was labeled memories from high school.

Oddly specific.

I rip it open, to find a bunch of Polaroids piled at the top. Most of them were of mom and dad, uncle Cal, uncle Mikey, uncle Ash and aunt Allie.

I knew they were all friends senior year. But that's all I really knew. For whatever reason, mom and dad never told us much about high school or how they met.

Just simply dad was a foreign exchange student.

I continued digging through the fragile box and eventually found something other than pictures.

It was a brown, leather book with a few words etched into it.

Claire Avery's Diary

My mother had a diary?

I open up the first page to see a picture taped into it.

It seemed to be an old photo. Mom and then dads band.

My family...

I flip to the next page, but what I didnt know, was that I was about to unveal a love story.

My parents love story.

___________________________

Sorry if this is terrible and too short 😕

But the story is going to hopefully be amazing so get ready and make sure you have a box of tissues!

Update: Okay I wrote this story like two years ago and I'm currently going through and editing it because it's awful and for some reason people are still reading it 😂 So I'd rather not be embarrassed further (I used the wrong form of your/you're, *cringe*)

~Claire