Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - Oh, the Drama...

Stay right here? But how in the world was she supposed to stay put when all she really wanted to do was hug that stage! It only took a minute of watching Kelley pound away on that sexy black bass before Becky abandoned the booth.

Coupled with Crispin's beautiful voice and hypnotic stage presence, she couldn't help but be drawn closer to them, her badass Goth boys. The fact that Dorian insisted on going shirtless, showing off his amazing tattooed chest and gorgeous muscles as he mercilessly beat his drums was almost too much for her to bear.

Fully aware of her proximity, Kelley put a little extra into his performance that night. It was impossible to miss her since she was, in fact, the only one hugging the stage. The thing with younger college bound Goths is while they might come out to watch their favourite bands, they rarely showed enthusiasm, preferring to sit back nonchalantly in their booths or stand by the bar, looking unaffected. They may float a bit closer. Eventually, they may even sway to a tune here and there, but that was about it.

On the contrary, Becky was all smiles, pounding her little fist in the air. She really was like their own little cheerleader. Even Crispin couldn't fight back the smile that tugged on his lips at the sight of her enthusiasm.

Spellbound, Becky watched and listened as Crispin sang song after song while playing lead guitar. As far as she was concerned, he was awesome.

He'd made snarky comments about hating doing both at the same time, but she couldn't quite understand why. Even now, though, between songs, she could hear him mutter and swear under his breath. He'd kick at whatever was around and he was currently holding his guitar as if he wanted to strangle the thing.

Eventually, they started to perform a cover of a softer familiar song that Becky quite liked. She'd heard them play the original version on the stereo at home. Zoning in on Kelley for the duration of the tune, she didn't even realize that she was staring.

Damn, did she have to look so sweet? Trying to maintain his concentration was near impossible, especially with her swaying her shapely little hips in perfect tune to his bass. Kelley wanted nothing more than to jump down and sway with her.

After that song wrapped up, they did a run through of two heavier tunes. Near the end of the second one, Becky winced at the way Crispin swore and scowled. He must have screwed up somewhere because he was positively pissed off.

"Fuck this shit!" He yanked the guitar strap off his neck and looked about ready to smash the helpless thing. Frustrated, Dorian tossed his drumsticks to the ground while Kelley just stood there shaking his head.

Judging from the cheers around her, Becky realized that the audience was loving the drama. Looking back towards the band, she could kind of understand their appreciation. While it was obvious to her that this was not a good thing, Crispin's meltdown only added to the Kingston Quartet's appeal. They never looked better, or in her eyes, sexier than when they were angry.

Dropping the guitar to the floor, Crispin stormed off stage without a backwards glance. Seconds later, Dorian ran off in a different direction while Kelley hung back looking rather unimpressed with the entire situation.

Moments later, the DJ took over with the music and everyone dispersed. Standing awkwardly by the stage, Becky didn't quite know what to do with herself.

Jumping down by her side, Kelley took her by the shoulders, spun her around and led her towards the bar.

"What was that all about?" she asked as he hoisted her up onto a barstool.

"Bullshit, that's what it was." He swivelled her around so that he stood between her knees.

"I thought you guys were awesome until that last little bit."