Chapter 14

The next morning at breakfast, the guys had just sat down with their coffee and flyers when a scream tore through the house.

"What the deuce?" Crispin gasped, nearly spilling his coffee.

Another squeal, followed by a dull thud, roused them from their chairs. All three Goths immediately bolted for the stairs and scrambled up towards the source of the scream.

Reaching the bathroom door, they hesitated. "Becky, you okay?" Kell asked frantically.

They waited. Nothing. Dorian shuffled nervously, Crispin looked about ready to break down the door, Kell frowned and knocked again.

"Becky?"

"Ouch... please, I'm... hurt."

It was impossible to judge who made the first move. In the very next moment, all three Goths charged into the bathroom only to find Becky in the most unfortunate situation.

She was sitting, naked in the tub, rubbing her upper arm. After a moment's hesitation, the suddenly speechless Goths exchanged uncomfortable glances.

Thankfully, first by her side was Kelley, effectively shielding her nudity from the others with his broad shoulders.

If she wasn't in so much pain, she'd be dreadfully embarrassed, but in that moment, all that mattered was getting out of that tub. "Becky, what's happened?" Kell asked, draping the towel which Crispin had kindly handed him, over her middle.

"I fell."

"Obviously!" Crispin remarked sarcastically, averting his eyes.

Ignoring him, Becky winced when Kelley ran his hands over her limbs. Despite the frown on his face, she was never so happy to see those bright red streaks of hair.

"Where does it hurt?" he asked with concern.

"Everywhere," she whimpered.

"Did you hit your head?" Dorian asked nervously from the door.

"No... I don't think so," she said while Kell inspected her skull for scrapes and bumps.

"Is anything broken? Should we take her to the hospital, Kell?" Crispin asked, pacing anxiously.

"No, please, that's not necessary," she said, wincing as Kell thoroughly inspected her limbs for broken bones.

He gently ran his hands up and down her limbs, glancing at her to make sure he wasn't causing her any undue pain. "Well, nothing appears to be broken. What do you think, love?"

"No hospital, please."

"Are you sure?" Crispin asked warily.

"I think I just bumped my arm and my..." She stopped short, looking pleadingly at Kell.

Sensing Becky's discomfort originated more from embarrassment than actual pain, Kell looked over his shoulder and with a subtle gesture of his chin, sent his concerned friends from the room.

"Becky, I'm going to get you out of this tub," he said, slipping an arm around her back, the other under her bare, bruised bottom.

"Please... Kelley," she gasped, momentarily forgetting her aches and pains.

"Hold on to me, love," he said, easily lifting her up and carrying her into her room.

All too aware of his warm hands on her naked flesh, Becky couldn't keep from blushing. Too bashful to look at him directly, she rested her head on his shoulder and hid her face under the dark curtain if his long hair.