Theo Galavan

Starla's POV:
I've been in Arkham for a week. Greenwood won't leave me alone and it was a normal day. I laid in between Jerome's legs. I read a magazine that I read about 20 times since I've been here. I leaned back on Jerome's chest and Richard Sionis was telling a story. The guards brought a man in and nobody paid attention to him. "I am Zaardon!" He said. We all looked at him and Richard continued his story. I felt Jerome play with ends of my hair. Barbara laid in between Aaron's legs. Zaardon began saying random stuff and nobody was listening. Jerome made questioning faces at him and Barbara rolled her eyes. Nobody paid attention to Zaardon and I played with Jerome's hand. I interlocked his hand with mine and said "it's a perfect fit." Jerome smiled and said "so it is."Jerome kissed my hand and I giggled. Zaardon made a big speech and then fell onto the table. Blue smoke came out of his mouth and everyone stood up. Barbara backed up to the wall. Everyone began to faint and I saw my sister fall to the ground. Aaron fainted as well. I gasped and Jerome looked around frantically. I began to feel woozy and Jerome said "Starla?" I fell to the ground and Jerome fell as well. I scooted closer to him and said "are we gonna die?" Jerome said "I hope not. But if we do.....let me do this." He leaned in and kissed me. I didn't kiss back at first and then I did. Our lips moved together in sync and he pulled away. The blue smoke filled the room and I closed my eyes.

-

I woke up in a room with a big window. I was strapped to something and I looked around. My sister was awake and said "Starla?" "Barb? Where are we?" I asked. Jerome was next to me and he was out still. "Jerome?" I asked. He didn't move. I tried to get my arm free and I said "Jerome?" Jerome was unconscious and everyone began to wake up. Jerome woke up last. He yawned and tried to stretch. "Ow." He said. "We're tied up." I said. "I know doll." Jerome replied. A man walked in and said "you're probably wondering why you're all here. And there's an odd number of you." We all looked around he looked at me. "We can kill you." He said. I gasped and he untied me. He grabbed a knife and Richard said "keep you're hands off of her." "Why?" The man asked. "Because I'm gonna leave and I'll take her with me." Richard replied. "Very well." The man said, untying Richard. Richard began to walk out and he was stabbed by a woman. Jerome watched in delight and Barbara watched in shock. "Now we're even." He said. I looked at Jerome and the man said "I'm Theo Galavan. This is my sister Tabitha." I nodded and he began untying us all. "The 6 of you are special. I got you out because you all have talent because of you're crimes." Theo said. Jerome smirked and Barbara put her arm around me and said "why is? Just let my sister and I go." "The two of you are beautiful and you're crimes are brilliant." Theo said. Barbara rolled her eyes and Theo said "make yourselves at home." I looked around and sat down somewhere. Barbara said "you wanna look around?" I nodded and we found a room that was for us. It was big and there was clothes inside. I found some black skinny jeans and a tank top. I put my hair in a pony tail and walked out of the room. I found a kitchen and there was some food. I grabbed some and sat down. Jerome grabbed some and sat next to me. I looked around and Jerome said "you ok?" "It's just kinda awkward right now." I replied. "Why?" He asked. "Cause you kissed me." I said softly. Jerome said "I didn't wanna die without doing it. I figured why not now?" I said "I understand but I don't know what to feel." "Love?" He asked. "I can't feel that Jerome. The last time I loved someone I was beaten and cheated on." I replied on the verge of tears. "You don't trust me?" He asked. "It's not that it's just I'm afraid to love." I replied, tears falling from my eyes. Jerome stared at his plate and I pushed mine away and said "I can't even eat. I need to go." I stood up and walked away.

Jerome's POV:
Starla walked away and I sighed. I put her dish away and I went to find my room. It was next to Starla's and Barbara's. There was a weird looking picture frame on the wall and I took it off and there was a hole in the wall. I could see Starla. Barbara was nowhere to be found. Starla was getting ready to take a shower. I looked away as she got undressed. She stepped in the shower and began to sing.

I'm not a piece of cake
For you to just discard
While you walk away
With the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back
What's mine you'll miss
A slice of heaven that I gave to you last night

I heard her began to cry and I put the picture frame back and walked away. I plopped down on my bed and sighed. I knew the song she was singing. I sang a verse myself.

You smell just like vanilla
You taste like buttercream
You're filling up my senses
With empty calories
I feel like I'm just missing
Something whenever you leave
You've got all the ingredients
Except you needing me

I laid down on my pillow and began to drift into sleep.

Do any of you listen to Melanie Martinez? Her new album is so good. I love her so much and I basically listen to the album while writing this book. I think Jerome will come back on Gotham. I think they want to make us believe he's dead. But you never know. I love you guys and I can't believe how many reads this book has. Like you guys are fucking awesome! Over 200 reads....that's crazy! Love you all!
~Skylar✨💎💯🎧