Arkham

Starla's POV:
We walked through the asylum. Barbara strutted through the corridors like she owned the place. I rolled my eyes and we stopped at a gate. There was a room full of inmates and Barbara pushed her sunglasses down to look at them all. They all stared at us in awe and a boy stared at me. He looked about my age. I had just turned 18. Barbara fixed her sunglasses and we walked into a room where they gave us clothes. Black and white striped dresses. Ugh they're so ugly. I slipped mine on as did Barbara. We walked into the room with all the inmates and sat down. Barbara read a magazine while I just stared off into space. "I don't like this place." I said. "Get used to it honey. We'll probably be here the rest of our life." Barbara replied. I groaned in frustration and a boy walked over to our table. Barbara didn't even look up from her magazine. "Hey gorgeous. I'm Jerome." He said. Barbara rolled her eyes and I acted like he wasn't there. "You need a friend in a place like this." Jerome said. "Why is that?" Barbara asked. Jerome said "cause there's dirty minded people. You need someone to protect you from all the bad people." Barbara stood up and walked over to another table. "Hey big guy. Will you promise to protect me from anything bad?" Barbara asked, with a pouty face. The big guy nodded and Barbara came back over and sat down. "What about you?" Jerome asked. "I have my sister." I said. Barbara winked at Jerome and he said "you need a boy to protect you." I looked around and didn't want to choose one of the other people. They all looked creepy and I leaned over and said "what about you?" Jerome smiled and said "of course doll." I sighed and leaned back into my chair. "So what'd you get in for?" Jerome asked. Barbara said "well I killed my parents." Jerome clapped his hands. I raised my eyebrows and Jerome said "I killed my mom. Oh it was such a rush!" I chuckled and said "only you're mother?" Jerome said "yeah. What'd you do?" Jerome smirked and I said "I killed my boyfriend......and his entire family." Jerome said "I'll be damned." I laughed and Barbara sighed in annoyance. "It was such a rush." I said, imitating Jerome. He smirked and said "I like you." I flipped my curly hair and a bell rung. "Looks like we're eating now." Jerome said. Men walked in with plates of food and they set one in front of me. I looked at it with disgust and I pushed it away. "It's better than it looks." Jerome said. I felt eyes on me and it was a man. He was sitting at the table that Barbara walked over to. He had curly hair and he looked creepy. I shifted uncomfortably and Jerome said "you ok?" I nodded and looked at the man again. Jerome looked over and said "Greenwood is eyeing ya." "Do something to make him look away. Please." I said. Jerome smirked and sat next to me. Barbara walked over to the big bald guy. Jerome began to eat his food. "He's still looking at me." I said, through clenched teeth. Jerome wiped his mouth and looked over at Greenwood. Jerome smirked and put his arm around my waist pulling me to him. Our hips were touching and I looked at Greenwood. He eyes my body up and down and Jerome kissed my cheek. I wanted to punch Jerome in the face but I didn't want Greenwood eyeing me. Jerome moved down to my neck and trailed kisses up and down it. I bit my lip to keep from letting out any moans. Greenwood huffed and began to talk to someone that wasn't facing my way. I sighed and Jerome said "you're welcome doll. I never got you're name." "Starla Kean." I said. "Starla. It's pretty. I'll protect you, Starla." Jerome said. I nodded and took a bite of my food. It was better than I thought it was gonna be. I ate the entire plate and felt better. Jerome said "feel better?" I nodded and said "thanks by the way." Jerome said "no problem and anything for you." I rolled my eyes and we all had to go back to our rooms. "Well I'll see you tomorrow, Starla." Jerome said, kissing my hand. "And I'll see you too. Mommy killer." I said, smirking. Jerome cackled and headed to his room. I shook my head and walked into the room I shared with Barbara.

Here's chapter one guys! I hope it's good and I'm glad you all want to read this book! Love you all!
~Skylar🎧✨💸💯