Sore Memories

Alex came home early. Percy was sitting on the couch, watching Game of Thrones.

"How was the day, bro?" Percy asked.

"Just the same." Alex spoke, walking straight into his room. The kids of his school had bullied him again, but Percy did not need to know that. His elder brother had greater problems: monsters and gods! He was a demigod, after all!

Alex heard the sound of door opening behind him. "Are you troubled about something, Alex?" Percy asked.

"No." Alex replied. "Nothing. You can go back to saving the world."

"Did those kids troubled you again?" Percy asked.

"As if that bothers you, Percy!" Alex snapped. "I told you it's nothing."

"Hey, l'il bro." Percy spoke, sitting beside Alex. "I want to help, but I can't."

"Don't start it all over, Percy!" Alex said.

"Look, man!" Percy spoke. "Every time I leave for a quest, I have a feeling it would be my last. 90% of the Greek world wants me dead. I can't make you depend too much on me, that'd be like leaving you crippled. You need to be independent, Alex."

"I think I got some homework to do." Alex spoke, getting up.

"Alex!" Percy said. "Brother! You know what, I'm grateful to you, since the day you were born."

This was unexpected.

"Yep, it's right!" Percy said. "You see, when you weren't born, I had always wondered what would happen to mom if I was killed on a random quest. Now, I can rest assure that when I'm gone you'll be there with mom. I'm thankful for that."

These words were enough to create tears in Alex's eyes. "I'm... I'm sorry, Percy."

"Away, don't be, bro!" Percy said. "Now, about the bullies. Do you know the best way to get rid of a bully is to ignore him?"

"And if they still trouble me?" Alex asked.

"Show some guts." Percy answered. "Take a stand. Use your kung-fu and make them run for their lives!"

Percy waved his hands frantically that made Alex laugh. The scene melted around Alex and reformed into a new one.

The last day, a boy from Alex's school, Eddy, had said something bad about his mom and he just lost it. He charged the guy and punched his face until it started to bleed. The next day, the principal called Sally Jackson for a meeting.

Eddy's mom was as miserable as her son. She refused to listen anything that Alex had to say against her son. Meanwhile, the principal demanded both the guys to apologize to each other and bury the grudge.

Percy pressed his hand on Alex's shoulder to make him feel relaxed. In a low voice, Alex said, "I'm sorry."

"Accepted." Eddy replied with a smirk. "But what I said was right!"

And that was just enough fuel for Alex's crimson eyes to burn sparkling red with rage. He grabbed the boy's shirt and hung him outside the window of the cabin.

"Anyone moves from their seats," Alex hissed, watching the elders stand up, "and I'm letting him go."

"HELP!" Eddy shouted. The boy had clutched Alex's arms tightly. He knew better than to struggle, since they were on the third floor and if Alex left him, he'll be just a memory.

"Alex, I'll expel you!" the principal commanded.

"Didn't you heard what this guy said?" Alex asked. "He deserves it!"