Havoc Havoc Everywhere

Fates have a hundred ways, and thousand others if those hundred doesn't work.

Soon as Zeus announced that Athena and Dionysus are the only Olympians left to select their representative, Dionysus spoke, "I'm out of this game! I have only two demigod sons alive and I'm not sure if I'm ready to send any one of them for this quest. I'd rather have them here where I can keep an eye on them."

"I agree with Dionysus." Surprising enough, it was Athena who said that. "I refuse to send one of my children as well."

Zeus' expressions turned stern. "Athena, you, of all people?"

"Ironic enough when you consider she was the one who gave the idea in the first place!" Hera said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, father." Athena said. "But I can't let my children fight each other as enemies. It's one of the many reasons I don't have any Roman child."

"I thought it was because you hated them for-" Leo spoke, but stopped when he found nobody paid him attention. "Ah, never mind!"

Any chance of further negotiation was crumbled when a loud explosion shook off the mess hall.

A demigod came running inside, some Hermes kid who was on guard duty. "MONSTERS! HUNDREDS OF THEM DESTROYING THE CABINS!" And he fainted.

Brilliant, Leo thought. Out of all the problems in the world, we wanted just that! More problems!

It was Alex who responded first. The boy ran out of the hall and Leo caught just a glimpse of his omega ring melting into a golden sword hilt out of which retracted three parallel blades of Adamantine, Celestial Bronze and Stygian Iron.

No distraction! Leo told himself. What if he has the coolest sword I've ever seen. The camp is in trouble!

Percy, Jason and Annabeth were already after the time traveler kid. Leo joined the run as well. Hundreds of monsters? Wasn't that pine tree supposed to be a protection barrier?

However, the real thing made Leo shiver in horror. In front of him, hundreds of monsters rampaged around, demolishing cabins and setting everything on fire. Leo has never seen such an army of monsters in his demigod life!

There were gryphons, drakons, minotaurs, cyclopes, Laistrygonian giants, bronze beaked crows! This was a Monster Marathon! In the centre, a seriously obese woman with really annoying voice gave orders to the monsters.

"Echidna!" Percy exclaimed.

"Echidna?" Leo asked. "You mean, like Knuckles from Sonic: the Hedgehog?"

Everyone gave their best 'What the heck' look to Leo, then Alex spoke, "It's Echidna, Typhon's wife and the mother of all monsters, at least 90% of them."

"She can give Zeus a run for his money when it comes to number of children." Leo said.

"I met her on my first quest." Percy said. "Why does she chose to appear after so many years?"

"With so many monsters!" Leo added. "Wait, what's he doing?"

He pointed at Alex who charged at Echidna and shouted, "Hey, Echidna!" The she-monster turned just in time to receive a great blow from the flat of Alex's sword. Considering her fatness, she shouldn't have been able to even stand up after a fall, but the lady swiftly dodged Alex's next strike, that could have pierced her skull.

"You don't smell like a demigod!" Echidna said in surprise. "You're... a mortal! How?"

"Simple!" Alex answered. "I evolved!" He sliced the blade again, but Echidna did a backflip (that was obviously impossible with a body so fat and round) and landed several feet away. Alex proceeded, but two drakons blocked his way.