Brooklyn Bash!

Will's "plan" could have been called suicide in many ways, starting from when he tried to reverse engineer Rachel.

The redhead oracle had just returned to Camp Half-Blood when Will confronted her with Clarisse and Alex. "We need help!"

After listening to his "plan", Rachel eyed the son of Apollo like he had suddenly grown horns on his head. "You can't be serious?"

"That's the only way." Will replied.

"But it's impossible!" Rachel exclaimed. "The oracle thing is not in my control. It's the spirit of the oracle that decides when to deliver a prophecy."

"I told you it was stupid, Solace!" Clarisse snapped.

"It isn't!" Will defended. "Have you ever tried doing it?" Rachel shook her head. "Then, how can you say you can't?"

"Will, that couldn't be so easy!" Rachel spoke. "You're asking for something too unusual."

"I know, Rachel, I'm the son of the god of oracles!" Will said. "But we don't want a prophecy, or a quest. All you have to do is tap into a sliver of the Oracle's spirit and locate us the position."

"Tyche has numerous children around." Rachel said. "Even if I'm able to locate one, what would make you sure it's the one you want?"

Will let that thought sink in, pondering for a while. Then, a miniature sun illuminated inside his mind. "Find the one closest to three cyclopes! If the monsters are after the girl, they should be around."

"Since when Apollo became the god of planning?" Clarisse asked.

"A minute ago!" Will replied with a smirk. "Rachel, can you try?"

Rachel nodded. "Hope I don't drive myself insane!" The redhead closed her eyes, trying to concentrate. Green fog started slithering around her, the smell of incense filling the place. Rachel's body turned sickly pale and started levitating, her red hair slithering in the air like thin snakes.

Will had seen Rachel channeling the Oracle's spirit a lot of times, but it seemed much scarier watching that at a close distance. All the hair on Will's skin stood erect in thrill. Rachel was generating raw power, radiating waves of energy around. It was obvious, Rachel had overdone!

"Was that part of the plan?" Clarisse asked.

"It doesn't seem like that." Alex said. "We have to interrupt! Will, whistle!"

"Whistle?" Will asked confusedly, his brain was going out of order with the panic, but luckily he understood. He inhaled sufficient amount of incense-smelling air and let out a whistle: a sonic whistle!

Alex and Clarisse had to cover their ears to avoid blowing their heads off. Rachel, on the contrary, let out a loud screech and fell down.

Will ran to the redhead, who was gasping on her knees. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Brooklyn!" Rachel said through gasps. "The girl's at Brooklyn!"

"Rachel, I'm sorry-" Will spoke, but Rachel didn't let him complete.

"No time for that, Will." she said. "You have to act fast. The girl's in danger."

That was enough to turn the gears of Will's mind. As Clarisse had described, the girl had a good hold on her mother's domain of luck. But Rachel had made it clear they had pretty little time to act, and Will understood what the oracle hadn't said: act fast, or the girl won't be as lucky this time.

"Take care." he said to Rachel. "Get some medication and rest." With this, he turned and started running, Clarisse and Alex following.

"How would we go to Brooklyn?" Clarisse asked. "The war chariot?"