"What the fuck man?!! Fuck you punch me fa?", he groaned.

"I ain't forget whatchu said bout Amber. She ain't do shit ta you! She far from bein' a snob. She lookin' out fa' a friend & havin' mo' balls than you eva had by steppin' up in that child life. Keep my girl name outcho fuckin' mouth. Now STEP!", I yelled, pointin' out da door.

[Amber]

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Coming!", I yelled before running downstairs to open the door. I know it's nobody but August. When I go to the door, I was about to look through the peep hole but I'm not going to waste my time because I know I'm too short.

"Who is it?", I asked.

"Me."

"Me who?", I giggled. I love doing that just to annoy him.

"Come on Amber. Open da door.", he complained.

"Okay okay.", I opened the door, "Don't need to be such a baby."

"Whatever.", he grumbled, pushing past me. I locked the door before following him into the living room & sitting next to him.

"You're more grumpier than usual. What's wrong?", I asked.

"I talked ta' E today & let's just say it didn't go how I thought it would."

"What happened?"

"He was talkin' ta me like he was crazy. So disrespectful.", he mumbled the last part.

"Did he say if he was going to speak to Jessica?"

"Yeah.", he sighed, running his hand down his face but I noticed his knuckles were red, swollen & a little cut up.

"Oh my gosh, August. Your hand! What happened?", I asked.

"Shit happens.", he shrugged. I rolled my eyes at his response & stood up, grabbing his hand & dragging him upstairs.

I pulled him into my room & opened the bathroom door. "Sit", I pointed to the bed.

He looked at me with his eyebrow raised but I gave him a face that said, 'Don't try me'. He chuckled before sitting on the edge of the bed & watched me as I walked in the bathroom & washed my hands.

I came out with gauze, athletic tape, cotton balls, peroxide, & Neosporin & sat them on the nightstand

"Let me see your hand."

He gave me his hand & I really saw how nasty it was up close.

"August, what really happened?", I asked as I dabbed peroxide on a cotton ball & began cleaning his wound.

He winced a little before talking. "I punched him in his face." I looked at him & he seemed unfazed by it.

"Why'd you punch him?"

"Because he called you out yo name so I socked him in da face & tole him him ta' keep my girl name out his mouth & get out my house."

He just called me his girl. My insides just died!

His girl

His girl!

I kept quiet as I finished wrapping up his hand. After I was done, I put everything back where it belong & washed my hands again.

"Why you so quiet?", he asked breaking the silence.

"No reason.", I mumbled.

"It is a reason so tell me." He motioned me to come to him but I just stood in front of him.

"It's just that I could have possibly made you lose a friend. You didn't have to defend. It's okay.", I looked down at my polished toes & I also noticed that he didn't take his shoes off but Imma let that go. FOR NOW!

He sat me sideways on his knee & tilted my head up so I was looking directly in his eyes.

"You ain't ruin nothin' fa me. E is a different kind of friend. You have ta be violent wit him in order fa him to listen or undastand whatchu sayin'. You good & you don't deserve ta be talked down ta or disrespected. Aight?"

"Mkay.", I said quietly. He tapped me knee twice, telling me to get up. I stood up & watched him take his shoes off before sitting at the top of my bed & opened his arms.

"C'mere."

I climbed onto the bed & crawled into his arms & laid my head on his chest. Man he smells good!

"August?"

"Hmm."

"Did you realized what you called me earlier?", I asked.

"Nah what?"

"Y-you called me your girl.", I whispered.

It was quiet for a while. All I heard was his breathing & heart beat.

"Yeah. Is it a problem witchu?", he asked.

"Yes well no. I don't know. It's just that I never been in that type of situation before."

"You never had a boyfriend?", he asked.

I buried my face in his chest & nodded my head.

"That ain't nothin' to be ashamed of. It's cool tho'. Datin' ain't somethin' I do cuz I don't got da time fa it."

"I understand. But it's supposed to be just business with us."

"You like me?", he asked.

"Huh?"

"It's a 'yes' or 'no' question baby girl."

"Y-yes.", I stammered.

He lifted my head up by my chin before kissing my forehead.

"Aight then. That's all dat matter. Till that time comes for datin' then we'll figure it out. But fa' now let's just kick it, dat cool witchu?", he asked.

I nodded my head before cuddling closer to him.