Chapter 2

Alfie stood in the trolley as Belle pushed him round the shop, he was only 6 but it was his job to read out the list as they went around the supermarket. He had the same large blue eyes as Belle but had their mother’s light blonde curls that was getting a little long over his little ears, “Daddy wants eggs,” he said next and plonked himself down on the trolley bottom surrounded by crisps, mince, and veg. As they turned the corner they both made car screeching noises getting funny looks from the adults around them, “And milk,”

Belle picked up a carton and popped it into the trolley and the continued down the aisles “So how was school?”

“Ok, Amelia gave me her apple at break,” he said standing again and leaning over the side to look in an elderly woman’s trolley trying to swipe her jammy dodgers until Belle batted his hands away and carried on their search “Then we played Dinosaurs and Princess’,”

“But of course,” Belle smiled “were you the Princess?”  He looked up and blinked at his older sister a small pout set on his face.

“No, I wanted to be Ariel but we couldn’t find the fish costume so I had to be the T-Rex.” He shrugged slightly disappointed. “And then!” he said dramatically “Miss Penton said that she liked my T-Rex is better than Jake Lee’s T-Rex,” he grinned excitedly

“Well that’s brilliant,” Belle smiled as they strolled leisurely down the aisles “You’ll have to show me when we get home,” Alfie nodded eagerly.

“Excuse me,” Belle turned to see a gorgeous boy standing with a pot of Onken Yogurt in one hand and a tin of sweetcorn in the other. His dark hair curled around his grey eyes and his handsome face was slightly lost, he was a head taller than Belle so she had to look up at him, whoa… He looked over Belle as well and there was a moment before he realised he needed something “I-ah- I’m lost,”

“How are you lost in Tesco?” Belle chuckled

He laughed but continued to ask “Do you know where the pesto is?” his voice was soft and Belle suddenly felt like she was in a warm blanket, wait where did that thought come from, she realised he wanted an answer and tried to remember the question.

“Pesto is on Daddy’s list,” Alfie offered pesto right!

“Well it looks like we’re going that way anyway,” Belle smiled coolly before heading off, Alfie looked up at the stranger as they walked finding the aisle with the pasta sauce.

“You look like Eric,” Alfie commented, the stranger looked down at Belle’s little brother and smiled

“Thanks, I get that a lot,” he looked a little embarrassed.

Belle laughed “I should really stop you watching Disney Movie Alf,” He scowled and plopped himself down again and zoned out as he was pushed along.

“Is he yours?” the stranger wondered lightly. Belle looked at him to see if he was serious and started laughing when she realised he was. “I’ll take that as a no?”

“That’s a definite no, I’m only 17,"

“Oh,” his soft cheeks coloured slightly again and Belle found herself marvelling at his handsomeness again, she hoped she wasn’t staring too much cause that would be weird, thankfully if she was staring he didn’t notice. “I’m sorry,” Belle just laughed and they skidded onto the right aisles and they found the right jar.

“It was a pleasure coming on this quest with you,” Belle grinned then crinkled her nose “That sounded way cooler in my head…”

The stranger laughed “the pleasure was all mine, I didn’t catch a name?” he probed