Chapter 37

- First of hindi po ako med student kaya i'm sorry kung medyo unrealistic yung result ng accident. Happy reading ! ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered, the light makes my gaze blured. This ain’t right. My bed is not adjacent to the window. After a while my sight clears up and I begun to look around me. Where am I? This is not my room obviously. As I turned my gaze on the side I caught a sleeping figure beside me. I was about to wake him up when the door opens, revealing my shocked mother.

“Rein. Salamat sa Diyos” relieved flushed on her tone as she approach me then hug me.

Bakit? Ano bang nangyari saken? The last time I remember, I was running. A pang of pain started to creep inside me, now I remember.

“Ma, I’m sorry po…” I mumbled. She pats my head and I can see tears coming from her loving eyes. “I thought mawawala ka na samen baby. Natakot ako, I’m sorry kung iniiwan ko kayo ni Hannah”. I just hold her hand “Ma, wala po kayong kasalanan…ako po yung hindi nag-iisip..” with that I begun to cried again. We just hold each other for a moment, letting out all the tears, and the worries that we’ve both have.

“Anak tinawagan ko na si papa mo, nagagalit nga siya kase ayaw siyang pauwiin. Alalang-alala siya”

“Nahihiya po tuloy ako kay Papa…” I looked down.

“Wala kang kasalanan anak, walang may gustong ma-aksidente ka” she said

I was about to get up when I felt a shot of pain. I looked down at myself, my right leg is on a bandage and I have bruises on my arms. My mom lays me down again “Nabalian ka ng buto anak, pero with the help of therapy gagaling ka. Sabi ng doktor mga isang buwan mahigit bago tanggalin yang benda mo”

“Ilang araw na akong nandito ma?”. She arranged the fruits that she bought then answered “Pangatlong araw mo na to anak..” she points at the sleeping figure beside me then adds “at tatlong araw na rin yang nandito binabantayan ka. He really cares for you anak. Pinapauwi ko nga para makapag-pahinga naman pero ayaw niya” After the things that I have done, he’s still here.

We talked for an hour, sinasabi saken ni mama yung mga nangyari nung araw na wala akong malay. She even asked the reason why I’m running, but by just remembering the reason behind it makes my  inside crumpled into pieces. I told her I wasn’t ready and she understands. This is my second life. Masuwerte ako na ito lang yung natamo ko and I’m more blessed to have these persons who very much cared and love me.

Iniwan na ko ni mama, umuwi na siya dahil may mga aasikasuhin pa daw siya. She tell me that Hannah come late this afternoon. Ilang minute na akong nakikipag-titigan sa putting kisame nang mabored ako. I turned on the tv and scan through the channels, I settled for a comedy. Moments after I couldn’t help but burst into laughter. There’s a movement beside me, as I turned my gaze I was met with a pair of worried eyes. He blinks then after a minute, he finally speaks and hug me.

(Paulo’s POV)

I was dreaming. And in my dreams the sound of Rein’s laughter filled it. Another day has come again, and I was hoping that she’ll be awake. I open my eyes only to be greeted by her joyous laugh. I blinked again thinkin’ that this is just a dream. When I open my eyes and saw her staring at me with those amazing eyes, my arms engulfed her into a hug. Thank God she’s awake!

“Rein..” I buried my face on her hair.

We stay like that for a while when she slowly pulls away. “Pau, thank you” she said. I just looked at her for a moment, I miss her. “Wala yun. Alam mo naman na mahalaga ka saken di ba?” I said, I should’ve mentioned I love her but I know that she’ll only feel awkward with it. “Si Tita pala?” I asked, bago kasi ako makatulog kanina dumating siya. Rein grab the orange from the side table “Umuwi lang sandali, may lakad pa eh…” I grab the fruit from her hand then start peeling it. We were silent, the sound of the tv and the fruit being peeled filled the room.