Chp. 17: Found 'em!

I never knew walking through the woods would take so long. The brown crippled leaves crunched under my feet with every step I took. I'm not going to be out here for hours. Five more minutes and that's it. Right then and there, I heard a crunch of leaves behind me. I spun around on my heels with anxiety. No body was found to have made that noise. "Um...Jack?" I asked hopeful. But no one was there. No answer to finish my sentence properly. I turned back around slowly. Maybe it was a squirrel or something. Walking forward, I continued to look for either of the guys I havn't officially met, yet. Hey, that rhymed. An uninvited wind blew my hair in my face. Come on, guys. Where are you? I suddenly heard a faint noise in the distance. "DANIEL!" It said.

Crunch

This time...it wasn't my foot. It was someone else's behind me. Or...something. I turned around with so much force I tripped backwards. But a hand grabbed mine before I could fall to the ground. It was like the Prince and the princess in one of those fairy tales. But this time I didn't know who was with me at the moment. I pulled myself up with the help of the hand. My eyes first spotted redish-brownish hair. Opening my mouth I started to speak. A finger quickly was placed upon my lips. Daniel's eyes met mine. "DANIEL WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU...OH BOY I SWEAR!!!" Ryan shouted from a few yards away. He was visible to us, but we weren't to him. Daniel grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me behind a tree. He kept his hand in front of me as he leaned over the tree to try to find his "match". "What's happening-" "Shhhh!" He cut me off.
Without him noticing, I slipped behind the tree and tried to escape. But when I turned around, Daniel was already there. "Eyes on the back of my head." He said casually as if he actually does. Ryan snapped his hand towards our direction and came running full force towards Daniel. In about 2.2 seconds later they were on the ground wrestling. Oh boy. I've seen this before. Trust me, I've lived with two brothers. Matthias and J-Fred would fight all the time. And about stupid stuff, too. I mean these dudes are fighting over a camera? I mean, come on now. Looking down at the wrestling bodies, I put my pinkie fingers in my mouth and blew. The ear screeching sound of a whistle filled the entire woods. Both of the boys stopped and stood up slowly. They looked down in embarrassment. "Hi." I said with a grin. Ryan looked up and silently laughed. "So this is how we meet, huh?" I asked shifting my head toward Daniel. His head hung low still. I walked up to him and put my index finger under his chin. Lifting his head up, I tried my best to study his face. "I'm kidding." I said softly with a heart warming half smile. His tense body loosened at my soothing voice. "So," Ryan started. "You're Mark's...girlfriend?" My eyes widened at the question.

Girlfriend...me....ha.....yeah right.

Maybe...