Chp. 11: Lost pt. 3

Three...

I spent most of my time in my room, rethinking all that has happened that one night. No text messages from Matt. He knew better than to not bother me. I was so confused...about everything. My emotions messed with my mind. Anger one second, sad the next, and completely just...lost the last second. I look around my room for the hundredth time, seeing all of my posters peeling off the wall I used to repair almost every week. But that's off of my schedule now, no energy or reason to do anything. I glanced at my locked door handle. What am I doing? I asked myself mentally. I got up from my king sized bed and unlocked the door. Click! It said, relieved at the feeling of being free once again. The house was gloomy, falling in sync with my mind. I shifted my head towards the window that was halfway closed, leaving me no sight except the gray clouds rolling over the bright Sun. I sighed as I flopped down on my couch. It used to be comfortable but it sagged sadly...just like me. My iPhone layed still in my hand as I stared outside my window. I decided that it was time for me to get at least a little laugh out of me. I turned on my Apple t.v and activated the internet. I clicked on the regular icon on the corner of the screen. A red square with a white arrow in the middle. Fail compilations always made me feel better. As the girl with the small bikini jumped, she landed on nothing but thick mud. "Why would you try to jump over the mud on you four wheeler?" The tv asked. Nothing. No smile nor laugh filled my blank face. More and more fails spread across the screen. The very last one...was a girl on a bike. Jumping over a ramp, she fell to the ground. Nooooooo. I thought. She...she wasn't readddyyyy!!! Luckily the helmet didn't leave any damage, but man that bike got it. And that's when a miracle happened. I SMILED!! Okay it was more of an amused smirk, BUT HAYY!! IT STILL COUNTS. I was scrolling through the page at the bottom of the video when I saw a "Recommended for you" link. It was Mark. He wore a pink mustache and he was holding a little tiny box plushie. I read the title, "Opening mail from you guys." It read.

Whhhyyyyyyyyy!!!!!????

I was such in a good mood. Tbh, I forgot about Mark. All of a sudden a little stream of liquid rolled down my cheek without my permission. It left the familiar trail of damp salt water. Was I...crying? A-about.....M-Mark? A buzzing noise made me jump up in surprise. I looked over at my phone which was still in my hand. I read the top of the phone. "Big bro" it said.
I tapped the green button so lightly, I thought it wouldn't accept to answer the call. Fortunately it did answered. "Hello?" I asked with a cold voice.

"Oh (y/n), I wasn't expecting for you to answer." Matt said.

"Well I did. What do you want?"

"Just wanted to see how you were doing."

"Fine...I guess."

"Mark will come back...I promise." Matt said. He sort of just read my mind. With that being said, Matt hung up the phone, leaving me with the stupidest face on earth.

I need to see Mark...

Now.