Ch. 4: Stay away, Mark

A/n: this chapter isn't as dramatic as it sounds. Just to be clear. But don't get me wrong it's gonna be good...I hope. ;-)

I walk out of the room and walk toward the kitchen. I could feel that someone else was present so I turn around. Nobody there. I turn back around to go my original route: the kitchen. Matthias was my brother, he wouldn't care if I raided all of his food. Finding a tasty Apple in the fridge, I close the refrigerator door and spin around, finding a tall man. I jumped in shock not expecting for someone to be there. His black rimmed glasses peered down at me. "Mark...Oh jeez. You scared me." Mark just stared at me not saying a word. "Um...are you o-okay?" I asked uneasy. "Yeah," he said smoothly. "You're just so beautiful...um I mean....gawd stupid Mark why would you say that....heh I mean uh, your...voice was beautiful." Marks cheeks flushed red as I thanked him. Wow. This time, Mark is nervous and I'm the confident one. Figures. Suddenly, Matt walks into the doorway to the kitchen where me and Mark were standing. "Oh, Hi Matt!" I said, relieved he was here. I didn't know what to say to Mark. I just need some time to think about what just happened. I thought, ducking under Matt's stretched out arm to get out of the room. When the two boys thought I left, I proved otherwise. Instead of leaving I decided to eavesdrop. Setting my ear to the hollow wall, I could hear only a little bit. But what I heard next I know for sure that's what Matt said.

Matt: what are ya doing?

Mark: talking to your sister.

Matt: yeah uh huh. Okay. So why did you tell her she was beautiful?

Mark: what are you talking about?

Matt: I heard you. Now listen. She is my little sister and I will do everything to protect her.

Mark: hey dude calm down.

Matt: I am calm. You don't know what she's been through. I can't let her get hurt again. Just stay...away....from her.

Mark: pff okay. Whatever man.

I heard silence. They're coming back. I quickly rush towards the living room and sit on the couch. I heard footsteps walk toward me. "Hey, (y/n)...can I talk to ya for a sec." It was Mark. What is he doing. Matthias just told him to stay away from me. I didn't know what to do. I just stood frozen in place looking into Mark's eyes. "Uh...sure...I guess." Mark sat down beside me with a worried look. He stared straight into my (e/c) eyes and took a deep breath. He then put his cold hand on my cheek. I panicked. Mark was Matt's friend! I couldn't hurt their friendship like that, let alone my relationship with Matt. "(Y/n)," Mark whispered. We could hear laughing coming from the other side of the room which meant the rest of the gang were in that room. Which left us two....alone. I pulled away from Mark's hand gently. "Mark, I can't. I don't want to ruin any-" and that's when he cut me off by his lips colliding softly with mine.

I awoke with a jerk. Looking around I found that I was in the "party room" where we shot the vid. Wade and Bob where laughing at the back row and Mark was singing. Matt was laughing his butt off. He couldn't even stand. I saw Amanda on the other side of the camera. I looked at her and she waved. I waved back in exhaustion. I was...asleep. so Non of that 'you're beautiful' stuff... I heard Mark singing like a gorgeous wave on a beach in summer. "Can you feeel the looove toniiiiight." He said as he glanced towards me.