Chp. 13: Well...

The strangest thing happened. Mark just pulled me inside of his house and shut the door loudly. My heart thumped in my chest. Mark stared at my eyes then walked over to his window. Moving the blinds out of the way with his finger, he sighed in relief. "What was that for?" I asked confused. He didn't say anything he just kept looking out the window. I walked over to Mark's window, trying to find out what he was looking for. I saw a girl with a black shirt with an M on it and a pink mustache. "Oh..." I whispered. "A fangirl." Mark nodded, still slouching down looking outside. When I scooted over to see the girl more clearly, I didn't realized how close I was to Mark. But he sure noticed. At the corner of my eye I could see him blushing. Our knees touched as I glanced at him. We stared at each other for a while. "Um..." He said. I was lost in his eyes and he was lost in mine. Unfortunately, I looked away shyly and reached for the blinds. But...so did Mark. Our hands touched and sparks flew from my head to the tip of my toes. "Ma-Mark?" I muttered. He looked at me and smirked. "Yes?" He said. "Um...I need to uh...ask you something." "Go ahead." I hesitated. Should I do this? I thought. I need to ask him...ever since I saw him I just had to ask. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Well..." Out of nowhere, there was three very loud and quick bangs at the door.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

Both Mark and I jumped in surprise. Mark walked over to the door and opened the door. When he saw who was at the front, he quickly shut the door closed again. Mark's back rested against the door when I heard a voice on the other side. "Oh Markimooooo." The voice sung with pleasure. "I know you're theeeerrrreee!" Mark glanced at me, a worried glance spread across his face. "Uhhh." He said in his low natural voice. "Look, I know you're a fan, but how did you find my house?!" The girl giggled at Mark's nervousness. "Oh silly. I have my ways. Now, how 'bout you come out and see your fan." Mark sighed of annoyance. "No, thank you." He said. The fan continued talking, trying to persuade Mark to come out. That's when I found a window at the back of Mark's house. Silently pointing at the escape route made Mark smile with joy. Mark quietly turned around and locked the door. "Markimoo just open the door and I promise I will be your favorite fan!!" Sheesh. This girl needs some therapy. We headed toward the window and Mark opened it. "Laidies first." He whispered. He held out his hand and I took it. That very moment reminded me of when we first met.

I need to ask him.