Chapter 21

Hermione ran into the Girls' Dormitory, smiling as big as ever. I was with Nicole, hanging out, talking about girl things. Nicole looks up at Hermione, clearly looking a little tired. She bit her lip, smiling as if she already knew what Hermione was going to say. I probably knew as well, just forgot at that moment.

"Nicole, Emma, come with me, you have to see this!" Hermione gasps. "Come on. Neville is going to ask Ginny to the ball. You know how much he's liked her since the fourth year." She grinned. "I hope she'll say yes. She doesn't have a date. Yet. Obviously not."

Nicole and I got up immediately, "Knew it." Nicole mumbled underneath a yawn before she stepped off the bed and onto the floor. We made our way out into the common room, stumbling to get there in time.

"What if," I got cut off by Hermione. We didn't have to watch this. What if Neville got nervous? I know we helped and all with the plan but still. A feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away. Ginny, you had better say yes! Don't hurt Neville's feelings.

"She will, Emma." Nicole beams, taking my hand. "I asked her earlier what she would say if certain people asked her to the ball. She said yes to Neville, yes to Dean, no to Lee, yes to Michael and..."

"I get the picture." I replied, sighing, "You better be right!"

We got interrupted by Ginny entering the Gryffindor Common Room along with her friends. Neville stood over in the corner, but he soon made his way over, looking a bit confident and nervous as well.

"Ginny, can I speak with you a moment?" He asks, Ginny turns, and grins to her friends before nodding her head 'yes' to Neville. She already knew what was coming. Already knew what he was planning on asking her. I could see it in her eyes. And she looked happy.

Ginny and Neville made their way over to the center of the room. Ginny's friends and my friends and I were the only ones watching them, everyone else was going about their usual daily business, which was good. So Neville wouldn't be too too nervous.

"Ginny, I have been wanting to ask you for a while now. I wasn't sure how I should ask you this before, but I figured to ask you here, since we're both proud Gryffindors. You're really beautiful, smart, and funny. I would love it if you would go to the ball with me."

Ginny seemed stunned a second, but she snapped back into reality, she smiled shyly, blushing the color of her hair. She nodded. "Yes. Of course I will, Neville. As, like, a date?"

Neville nodded. It was his turn to blush. "Yeah."

"I'll be there!" Ginny nearly shouted, kissing him on the cheek before retreating back over to her friends; giggling and talking. About what just happened. No doubt. Hermione and I giggled as well.

"That was a little awkward." I admitted.

"But it was way worth it." Hermione put in. "Come on! Let's go and tell Professor McGonagall on those gits- I mean girls."

"And you're certain that they are going to do this, even though it's against the school rules?" Professor McGonagall raises an eyebrow. "I know school rules do not stop people but I must be certain before talking to them about it that they really have done it."

"Oh I have proof of them. I can show you if we have a pool of water. I made it into a memory. It shows them making the potion. Love potions can be really dangerous. You know what happened with Ron last time. I don't want that happening with anyone else. Sadly, it might have already happened. She might have gave it to them. That's why we have to hurry to try and stop them! If not stop them, then to return their victims back to normal!"

"Okay. I believe you enough, but you can show me the memory later, for proof." Professor McGonagall sighs as Nicole runs in.

"They just gave them the potion!" She pants. "Come on! We don't have too much time before the full effect. Seamus, Ron and Dean. " She sighs as we all get up. I groaned, Ron was given another love potion? Some people just don't give up!