Chapter 12

Cedric's POV

I glanced at the clock, not even hearing Professor Snape lecture us about how to brew a Truth Potion. Only a few more minutes and I would be on break.

"Mr. Diggory, would you care to tell us what the main ingredient of the Truth Potion is?" Professor Snape asked, pulling my thoughts back on the class.

I looked up, Professor Snape was smirking at me, "That's what I thought. Ten points from Hufflepuff for your inability to pay attention." He said monotonously, turning his attention back on the homework, "You will each write a ten paragraphed essay about the History of the Truth Potion and hand it in tomorrow. Mr. Diggory, detention with me after school today."

I sighed, getting up. Professor Snape was always handing out detentions to those of us whom were not in Slytherin. He never even took off points from Slytherin. I backed away and out of class only to run into someone...

Seamus Finnigan pulled me away and into a deserted classroom during break. Of course I assumed the worst. Especially since he was dating my little sister, Emma. What happened? Whatever it was, it called for my attention...My little sister better not have been hurt...

"What is this about-" I started then stopped as I noticed someone else. Emma was also in the room, smiling grimly at me. Seamus smiled, pulling her close. So it couldn't be that they themselves were having trouble but...Then what?

"It's Draco." Seamus says, answering my question with a smile as grim as Emma's. "Emma, tell Cedric what you told me last night."

"What did ferret boy do now?" I interjected, growing angry. I knew Draco Malfoy did some horrible, horrible things, but this one must have really stepped over the line. I was dreading that this day would come. The next time I saw him..."Draco's a slime ball. We all know that, but what did he do this time?"

"Just let her explain, perhaps and you shall know." Seamus sighed, and I sat down into a chair across from them, listening intently. Emma looked up at me, sadness written across her face.

"I-It was just horrible. Stupid Malfoy thinks he can run my life...Anyways, he cornered me, thinking that he can make me be his girlfriend! Then as I drew my wand, Professor Snape came and...Ugh." Emma covered her face with her hands.

"This is just the last straw," Seamus says, "We have to do something about Draco. The teacher's wouldn't believe us. And even if they did they would take all the fun out of getting revenge." He grins, not bothering to hide his smirk.

He was right of course. There was only one problem. One huge flaw to his "Evil" Plans. And it had to be sometime and someplace where teachers weren't there to supervise. Especially someplace without Professor Snape. With him, everything would go wrong. Draco would win. We had to figure something out. Fast. Before Draco did anything else to harm Emma.

"But how can we get him back?" I asked, "There isn't much that Draco could fall for. Really, this will take a while to plan out when we don't have enough time. Emma has a lot of classes with Draco where he could try something. We need to keep you safe, Emmy."

"But-" Emma interrupted, her face was turning red. What was she thinking? Was this even possible? "But-" She repeated, biting her lip in worry. She was sitting up now, looking back and forth at us. "Can we really do this? We would get into huge trouble! I don't think that it's worth the trouble to get satisfaction."

"Emma, please, we want to do this, despite the trouble. Besides I know someone who could help us." Seamus begged, his eyes mischievously glowing.

"Who?" I prompted.

"The Weasley Twins." Seamus replies, "C'mon, I already asked them to meet us in the Room of Requirement. They're probably there now. They'll just what to do!"

Seamus's POV

It was now dark. Cedric was in detention with Professor Snape. After he got out, we would all meet in the Grand Hall and, well, wait. The first part of the plan would be without Cedric, though. Without me. It was all Emma and Draco. I waited in the shadows, watching Draco. Fred and George were spying on him as well, keeping an extra eye open. If everything went according to plan, Draco would get up in about five minutes and see Emma, all alone, on her way out of the Grand Hall. A perfect target. That was just stage one. The Weasley Twins didn't tell us exactly what they had planned but whatever it was it was really just 'utterly wicked' and 'cool'.

Draco's POV

Looking over at the Gryffindor Table, I spotted her. Her being Emma Diggory. The girl. The girl I had always admired. Too bad she was so damn stubborn. And with Cedric and Seamus there was no way that I could actually be nice and get her to be mine the normal way. I had to be sneaky. I was Draco Malfoy. Nothing could stop me. Nothing would stop me. Tonight would be the night that I put another plan into action. Then Emma would see once and for all that I am actually the one that should be with her. Not that Finnigan boy. Never the Finnigan boy.

All I needed was her alone. Without anyone else around. I couldn't have Cedric or Seamus around, either. I heard Cedric was in detention with Professor Snape and I didn't even see Seamus. Too bad, so sad. Emma was all alone tonight. Perfect. There was no one to interfere. Plus teachers wouldn't believe that I would do anything bad. At least not most teachers. Anyways my father could make the Ministry believe anything that he wanted them to.

Once Emma left, it was my cue to leave as well.

Emma's POV

I slowly got up. Nicole smiled at me, "Getting up so soon? I heard there's a great desert surprise later on."

"Eh, no thanks. I'm not feeling too well." I lied, making a sour face," I think I'll go to the Common Room and take a nap or something."

Fred whistled, meeting my eyes. I nodded, 'yes' I thought. It was time. I was nervous. I had never wanted this plan from the start but there was no stopping it now. My heart pounded in my chest and I wondered is my respiratory system was failing me since I was so nervous.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'll see ya later." Nicole replied, smiling sadly, "I hate feeling sick."

I nodded, not really hearing her words. Poor Nicole, I thought, she didn't know anything about what was going on with Draco or the plan. Although I do envy her. I don't want to even do this!

The walk to the doors seemed shorter than it had before. Either that or I was walking to fast. Either one was possible. I finally exited. The halllways were empty, aside from a passing ghost or other students walking to and from the Grand Hall but even so it seemed about everyone had deserted the halls. Not strange. Hogwarts food was actually very good. But my lack of eating, due to nerves, was catching up with me. I should have at least tried to finish my soup...Oh well.

The doors behind me slammed. Draco stepped forward, smiling sweetly at me. Yeah, right, when is Draco ever sweet? What was next? Draco wasn't fooling me. Yet my heart was still beating fast. I was sure Draco could easily hear it. His demeanor was calm and collected, unlike me.

"Hey, Emma." He says, looking me straight in the eyes, "I want to show you something. C'mon..."

Uh-oh. This was not part of the plan...How were the Weasley Twins, Seamus, or my brother going to know that we were leaving the foyer?