Chapter 6

The moon was shining high in the sky and the stars were winking at me. It sure got dark quickly. I wasn't alone, there were many shining lights above me, but I felt alone. He wasn't here yet. I checked the time, 8:30 PM. He said to be here at 8. Did he mean a different day? What was keeping him? Did he forget? Something had to have been going on. Something more important than me...I sighed, staring lifelessly at the lake. Within the lake I saw the reflection of the moon. And with that, another shadow. Something moving, lurking about the area. Something, dare I say, well...human?

"And what are you doing, sitting here all alone, at the Black Lake? Don't you know that it's dangerous to be by yourself at night?" He was finally here! If I wasn't mistaken...Then again, it had to be him. I knew it was. It just...didn't seem real. Not yet.

Feeling myself blush, I turn and look behind me. I already knew exactly what I was going to say, which was rare, but I had a whole half an hour, and more to prepare what I was going to say once he showed up.

"To see you, it's worth the risk." I replied, my voice was barely above a whisper. He was here. I was okay. Everything was going to be fine. I just needed to relax a bit. It wasn't the first time that Seamus and I were alone, and out by the lake. So just calm down, Emma. Be yourself, or close to it.

Seamus stepped forward, his hand slipping into mine. The question I had been longing to ask was finally asked. "What kept you? It's nearly 8: 40. Soon it will be nine o' clock."

Seamus waved his free hand through his hair, laughing nervously, "Well you see...I got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fred and George were pulling this prank on Professor McGonagall and she thought that I was the mastermind. So I get detention. And twenty points taken away." He finished, looking at me.

"Why didn't Fred and George tell her it was them?" I asked, my voice was thin as ice. Seamus laughed. "I never said they didn't get in trouble as well. I don't think Professor McGonagall was in a listening mood. She was more in a testy mood. Don't want to double cross her again..."

"Oh."

When I didn't say anything else, Seamus took it as his cue, and continued on. "It's good that I was missed. I feel so loved."

This wasn't really what I was expecting him to say but I didn't care. Giggling, I shoved him, which didn't do much damage, since he was heavier than I was. "And I wasn't missed at all?" I teased.

"Well, if you put it that way..." Seamus laughed, kissing me quickly on the lips, "Of course I missed you."

"Good." I replied, smiling happily, "You better have..." Okay, so I might have mumbled that last part, but he still heard me well enough. The rest of the night slowly dragged on. And I was in bliss. It was just Seamus and I, enjoying a night out by the lake.