Chapter 10

My struggles against him were to no avail. He was nothing like Seamus. The thought struck me hard. And what struck me even more was that no one was here but Draco and I. Just us two. I had to do something to get away from him. At long last, he broke apart, an evil gleam lit up in his eyes.

"Don't try to get away-or I'll have to hurt Cedric again." He threatened. My accusations were right. It was Draco. Shocked, I backed away, this was the last thing I expected to happen. I had really messed up. It was only then I realized I was shaking. Draco had gone too far this time. And I felt useless. Powerless. I had to think of something fast. Nothing could erase what just happened but there was always the future. Draco glances up at me, with his usual trademark smirk, of course.

"What? Nothing to say to that? What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" He taunted.

"I have nothing to say to you, Malfoy." Slipping my hands into my pockets, I felt my wand. Something I forgot I had. Act natural. Take Draco by surprise. He would never expect this coming from you. I felt loads better now knowing that I now had a plan.

"What? Nothing to say to your boyfriend? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." Draco stepped forward. My hands balled up in a fist around my wand. Should I aim it at him now...? Or should I wait a bit longer...? Wait, a voice in my head responded. Wait until he really doesn't expect it. He'd at least suspect something. Just wait and see.

"You're not my boyfriend. You're just a lying, traitorous, mon-"

"Am I now? See, well, I could've killed your brother. Or even your 'boyfriend', Seamus." He commented monotonously, using air quotes around the word 'boyfriend'. "I know that you like me. Just wait and see. You just haven't realised it yet. You'll see. Malfoy's always win-no matter what."

"So you admit that Seamus is my boyfriend-not you?" My voice was quiet, like a whisper. Draco looked at me, his face unreadable. For a moment I thought I saw the real Draco. Someone I didn't know very well. But then it all changed. He smirked.

"He's just pretending, he never really liked you. You know." Though I knew his words weren't true, they still hit me. Who knew that words were like knives; they hurt you. Sticks and stones...Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me, I chanted silently.

I couldn't let him see the hurt he'd befallen me. It was time; I pulled out my wand. Armed and ready. Draco staggered back a couple steps.

"Say that again and I'll-I'll hurt-"

It was my time to smirk. It was my moment. I couldn't let my mind freeze up on me now.

"Miss Diggory, fighting, as you know, is against the rules. Tsk tsk. I'm shocked of seeing this behaviour from you. Twenty points from

Gryffindor." Snape boomed. How much had he heard? How long had he been standing there? Apparently not too long. Since he didn't know that I was the innocent one. Not Draco. Then again, it's Snape. He's always preferred anyone who was in Slytherin. Especially Draco. It didn't matter what he heard; he'd be on his side anyways.

"Sorry professor Snape," I said, glaring at Draco all the while I put my wand back in my pocket.

Draco smirked at me once more before disappearing down the hallway. Professor Snape watched me as I entered the Gryffindor Common Room. Slipping away from what had just happened once and for all.

I was too wrapped up in my thoughts to notice that I ran smack dab into Seamus.