chapter 5

Happy. That was the perfect word to be able to describe my current mood. One of dreams had finally come true...Wait a second, what if it really was just a dream? A very good dream, at that? Ugh, I sure hope not, but I was in the Girls Dormitory, and not being held in Seamus's strong, loving arms. Unless he took me here, back into the dorm. Weren't boys not allowed in the Girls Dormitory though? What really happened was, for the moment, a mystery.

One can only hope that it wasn't a dream. I'm pretty sure that it was, it almost seemed just too good to be true. Almost...I could only know one way for sure, but first, I had to get up! Exactly what I didn't feel like doing, but oh well. After a long moment, I finally forced myself to stop being so lazy, and got up. The sight that I saw next put an answer to all of my questions for sure.

A note. Addressed to, well, you guessed it, me. From whom might you ask, Seamus Finnigan. Of course. It really had happened.

It read,

"Emma,

I know we've only been together a night, but I would like to see more of you. Meet me later tonight-at the Black Lake at eight o' clock. I'll be waiting for you...

You Know Who,

Seamus Finnigan."

Smiling to myself a little, I placed the note in my drawer, hidden under some extra robes. My life was now complete, what more could I ask for? A brother who loved, and protected me, my friends, and my new boyfriend, Seamus. Luckily, since it was still the weekend, I didn't have to worry about wearing a robe. So I could wear whatever I wanted, within reason, obviously. For the moment, I was focusing on brushing my hair. Then I could go and move onto other things. Easy. Those robes were a drag, so putting on a pair of regular clothes was amazing.

After placing on a T-Shirt, advertising The Weird Sisters, and a simple pair of blue jeans, I was good to go.

The Gryffindor Common Room was buzzing with excitement. Lots had happened, and there was plenty to gossip about. My fellow Gryffindor friends were nowhere to be seen. Oh well, probably heading on some grand adventure, while the rest of us were stuck here at Hogwarts...Smiling shyly at a first year girl with pig-tailed, I weaved my way to, and out the door. Even though I was alone, I might as well have some fun just exploring the old castle known as Hogwarts. The building was old, so there was bound to be forgotten passageways, tunnels, etc just thirsting to be used again, and not wasting away, being both lifeless and not to mention lonely.

The usually full hallways were deserted. Even then, the teachers would still be patrolling. Sighing to myself, I wonder which direction that I should go in.

Right, left, straight, or turn back and head into the Gryffindor Common Room again...Yeah, the last option was not really a real option. The chances of me going back were slim to none. This was way more intriguing. I would get dirty though, but I could always change before I saw Seamus. Maybe later today I could hang out with Cedric. Haven't really seen him too much since, well, ever. He always seemed too busy to hang out with his only sister.

Anyway, back to the question at hand; which direction would I take? Each one led to a different destiny. Strange, but also quite true.

"Eenie meenie miney mo," I chanted, giggling to myself like a giddy school kid. Well, that was what I was really. Just an older giddy school kid. Spinning around, I closed my eyes before pointing in a single direction, or at least I hoped that it was in a direction that I could take. Hard to tell with your eyes closed.

Footsteps. Footsteps echoing off of the stone cold hallways. People, voices, hissing, jiving, without a single care in the world. I recognized those voices. I knew who was coming. Why? Why whenever I was fooling around, having a grand ol' time, Malfoy always had to ruin it? It seemed that all he knew how to do was make people's life a living hell. Scratch that it's his job to make people's life a living hell. Without him, the world would be a lot happier place. Maybe not the world, but at least at Hogwarts. Frozen. That was what I was. Unable to move, the terror rushing over me was powerful. Leaving me too afraid to move. Why was it so hard to just quickly waltz back into the Gryffindor Common Room? Seems easy enough, right? Too bad it was a lot easier said than done.