"So Ms. Mitchell, what is the problem?" Dr. Wagner said while writing something on a piece of paper. "I keep getting sick and I'm having contractions." She nervously played with her thumb ring, a present she had gotten from Chloe a few weeks prior. "Are they brutally awful or just an annoying dull pain?" The doctor asked, moving her chair to face Beca better. She thought about it and answered "It's dull but I can still feel them." Dr. Wagner took her symptoms into account, checking her body's vital signs. While doing so, she noticed how thin and small her veins were, something she didn't like to see on mothers-to-be. "Have you been drinking a lot of fluids?" She made eye contact with Beca, who replied "I drank a bottle of water."

The doctor ordered her to check into the hospital immediately as she needed an IV for fluids because of dehydration, which also caused the contractions. They updated Jesse with the news, who said he would be there no matter what. Beca wasn't fond of hospitals, only wanting to go when her son was born, so she was adamant about going. "If I drink a gallon of water, do you think I can go home?" She said while looking at Chloe, her blue eyes radiating from her white skin. "I don't think that's how it works, babe." She replied, giving her the honest truth. They met Jesse in the parking lot and walked into the ER. There were many people in the waiting room, some probably waiting there an hour, and Beca just went up to the desk and automatically got a room. "Why don't I have to wait?" She asked, recalling how they had to wait 45 minutes to get Chloe a room when she was sick. "Because you're pregnant, and pregnant people get first pick." Jesse said while clicking the 2 button in the elevator. Beca tried licking her dry lips, only to feel that her tongue was extremely dry also. "There's another reason." Chloe said after watching her struggle.

--

Beca thought one needle was enough, let alone two. She one one in her hand for an IV for fluids and was given a second one ever so often to stop the contractions. She was already told she would be staying overnight so she tried to sleep, but all attempts failed, either from the nurses continuously poking her or Chloe and Jesse making conversation. She was happy they were talking, but good Lord they were good at it. "I never knew how much you guys could talk." She said, dramatically putting a pillow over her face. With a confused look, Chloe said "Bec, we're just passing time. You can join in too." The brunette shook her head and Jesse snickered as the doctor walked in.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Mitchell." She said with a confused face as she took in the sight of Beca, who didn't hear a word. Chloe embarrassingly smiled as the ripped the pillow from her hands and motioned to the doctor. "Oh, hey Dr. Wagner." She nervously laughed, sitting up in the uncomfortable hospital bed. "Good news, you just had a bout of food poisoning, so nothing serious." Everyone sighed a sign of relief, even the nurse who was reconnecting Beca's IV, which was ripped out prior to the doctor's arrival. "It didn't hurt your baby but we would still like to keep you overnight." They all nodded their heads, thanking the doctor and the nurse, who struggled with all the moving Beca did. Jesse bent down and hugged Beca, whispering "Our baby is okay" with a giant grin on his face.

--

The overnight stay wasn't all the bad. Jesse left shortly before nine, but Chloe stayed with all night. Despite a great need for sleep, the two didn't fall asleep until around midnight when Chloe crawled into the small bed, which surprisingly fit the both of them just find. Everything went well until the desk nurse wanted to argue with Beca, which didn't turn out to well. The older lady said she had a few more hours to stay because of insurance policy, but Beca fought that. She had stayed eleven hours, and that was good enough for her. They argued until the pregnant lady got so pissed that there was a curse word said between every other word. Almost everyone in the waiting room would agree that Beca won hands down.

Because of the upcoming ICCA Finals, Chloe decided that she had enough sleep to coach the Bellas for a while, so she was off to work as soon as she got home. She cut the practice short, only to come home to a sleeping Beca on the couch. Instead of waking her right away, she sat on the floor and played with her hair. The brunette, who was laying down and almost face to face with her girlfriend, slowly stirred awake but wasn't frightened at waking up to a face that wasn't there when she went to sleep. "What are doing home so early?" Beca asked in a sleepy voice, stretching her arms but making no attempt to sit up. "I think they've practiced enough; but i also wanted to see my girl." They both smiled as Chloe continued to play with her hair, twirling it between her fingers and making knots that can easily come undone. "So now you can cuddle with me." Beca said, sliding away from the back of the couch. Chloe careful laid behind her, wrapping an arm around her waist and resting a hand on her large belly. "If possible, can we stay away from hospitals for a while?" Chloe asked, her head held up by her other hand. Beca chuckled, placing a hand over hers. "I wish, but I have to go back to the doctor next week." The redhead jokingly sighed, laying her head next to Beca's, getting a face full of brown hair. Since Beca was already falling in and out of sleep, they both decided to close their eyes and enjoy a night that didn't involve a hospital.

--

I hope you enjoy!! It took longer than I intended, sorry 'bout that.
So there's only a few chapters left, so prepare yourselves for that.
I'll have a new fic up soon, but no date is said.
Vote and comment! Thanks for reading!