CHAPTER SIX

Mulai dari awal

"You're so perfect." Kyle remarks. I look down.

"Am not."

"Yes, you are. And I don't want to hear otherwise."

We lie there for a few minutes, just holding on to each other. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. We are soon interrupted by the loud growling of my stomach. I check the time on my phone. 5:48.

"Food?" Kyle asks.

"Yeah I'm starving. Pizza?" I offer. Kyle crinkles his nose.

"We always get pizza. Let's make something."

"I don't know how to cook."

"But I do, remember?" Kyle asks. Now that I think about it, I do remember him offering to teach me how to cook. "I could teach you."

"That sounds like a brilliant idea."

An hour later, we're left with a fairly clean kitchen, which was surprisingly not in flames, and two full stomachs. Kyle tried to teach me how to make stir fry, but it really just ended in him doing all the work and me watching him and distracting him.

Now we're back in my room, selecting a video game to play. It seems that's what we do the most together. Eat and play video games. I like doing such casual things with Kyle. It doesn't make me as nervous as it would if we did more serious romantic things.

I let Kyle pick out a game to play, as I just want to watch for now. He picks Crash Bandicoot and sits on my bed, controller in hand. Kyle plays as we sit in silence for a bit. I take this time to relive through today. How did I manage to get Kyle to be my boyfriend again? Well, whatever I did, I'm glad I did it.

"Have you ever liked a guy before?" Kyle asks randomly.

"I already told you."

"No, you said you've never liked anyone as much as me. I just want to know if you've ever liked a guy at all." Kyle clarifies. I don't know how to answer. Have I? Has he?

"I don't know. I've never really been close enough to someone to like them. Not girls, not guys. Well, except you." I bit my lip and wrap my arm around his waist as he keeps playing the video game. "You're just special." Kyle rested his head on my shoulder and lightly kissed my neck.

"You know, you're pretty special too."

The video game was totally forgotten and Kyle and I sat there with my arm around him, and his head resting on my shoulder. I pulled him in as close as he could get. Kyle's light breath tickled my neck. I laughed and kissed the side of his head that I could reach. Then, sadly interrupting the moment, my door opened. I quickly pulled away from Kyle and he took his head off my shoulder.

"Zac, I'm home." Mum peaks her head in the door. "Oh hello, Kyle."

"Hi." Kyle smiles. God he's cute.

"Zac, I've had a long day, so I'm going up to bed. Try not to be too loud."

"Okay. Night." I say as she closes my door. I cuddle up to Kyle again, missing his closeness.

"Zac, I should probably go soon. It's almost 10." Kyle says, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"No." I groan. "Don't leave me." Kyle laughs in response.

"Zac, I have to. It's a school night. We'll do this again tomorrow."

"Fine." I fake pout. Kyle pecks my lips to cheer me up. It works. "Come on. I'll drive you."

When we stand up, Kyle pulls me into a hug. I hug back.

"I can't believe you're mine." Kyle whispers, almost as if he didn't want me to hear.

"Believe it." I whisper back. I give him a swift kiss and grab his hand, leading us downstairs and out to the car.

The whole ride to Kyle's house, I keep one hand on the wheel and one hand in his. His thumb runs gently across the back of my hand the whole way there, telling me he's still paying attention to me, even though I'm not saying or doing anything.

When I pull up to his driveway, I lean in to give him a kiss. Neither of us want to pull away, and it turns into a pretty long kiss. It seems that since we've never kissed anyone before, it's all we want to do and we can't get enough of it. Eventually, we pull away.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Kyle says, grabbing his backpack and opening the door.

"Tomorrow." I repeat.

I kiss him one last time before he exits the car. Once he's in his house, I pull out of the driveway and make my way home, cherishing the smell of Kyle still in the car.