Chapter 8-Bait-Date-Rape-Break.

Start from the beginning

I made my way to the kitchen as Goodwill followed. I sat down, and he sat across from me. I look at him and folded my arms across my chest. I waited for him to start talking. I actually really wanted to hear him explain himself. 

"My dear Ficah," he started, "I am very sorry for my actions. They cannot be justified, but I guess I just felt lonely. I did not mean to do it. I guess it was just a reaction." 

"A reaction?" I questioned. 

"Yeah. I hope that we are cool again, and I hope that we can have a normal relationship."

"A normal relationship is what you want? We had a normal conversation until you decided to do that to me," I blurted out. 

"Yes, I know. That's why I am apologizing so we can be cool again and resume a normal relationship. Like I said, it just happened."

"It just happened," I repeated. "Okay, Goodwill, you are forgiven. You may leave now." I was trying my best to get him out as fast as possible, but it wasn't working out the way that I had planned because Dad kept staring at me and raising his eyebrows, meaning that I should keep conversing with him. "Would you like something to drink?" I asked involuntarily. 

"Some wine would do," he smiled. 

I opened one of our cabinets and got him a glass from our finest chinas. I poured some wine in it, which he finished in a single sip. 

"More, please."

I poured some more in. 

"Alright. Thank you." He handed me the glass, and I rinsed it, dried it, and placed it back where it belonged.

"What now?" I asked. "Are you going to leave?"

"No," Dad interrupted. "And stopped trying to get him to leave because he's not going to unless he wants to."

I shook my head and started to make my way back upstairs. 

"Wait, Ficah, come here," Dad interrupted my leaving. 

He pulled my off into the hallway. "I have to go take care of some business. I'll have to be right back. Keep an eye on Mr. Goodwill."

"WHAT? You're leaving me alone with him?" My voice rose. 

He grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me upstairs to my room because he sure as hell knows thtat I will not keep quiet in a situation like this. 

"Dad, you know what he's done to me, and you're leaving me alone with him?"

"Ficah, he apologized! Nothing will happen, I promise."

"Dad, this is complete bullcrap, okay? Do not leave me here with him. Please!"

"Honey, if something were to happen to you, I would have a feeling, and I wouldn't leave you here with him. I guarantee that nothing will happen."

I did not want to stay anywhere near Mr. Goodwill, and I had to keep an eye on him. "Please!" I held his hand and started to cry. 

"Let me go!" He pulled his hand away. "You better wipe those tears before I do it for you!" He pointed his index finger to my face.

I felt a way. That is the first time he'd ever threaten me. I wiped my tears, keeping his threat into consideration. He was no longer the father that I knew and loved. He turned into a self-centered monster. He'd never threatened me, never disregarded my feelings, but he was doing all of that at once.

"Bye. Watch him." He stamped downstairs and slammed the door. 

I walked to the kitchen and did as Dad told me to. "So," I started a conversation with Missiker in my arms, "ya found a new partner yet?" I wiggled my eyebrows.