chapter 2

"Can you believe it, Emma? First game of the season. I can't wait to see the look on Draco's face once we beat Slytherin!" Cederic announces excitedly. Today all he ever talked about was quidditch. No, scratch that, for the past week that was all he had ever talked about. Not that I really blamed him, I couldn't wait either. Slytherin was going against Hufflepuff for this first game this year. Last year it was Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. So on and so forth. I always tried to attend every game.

I nodded, only really half paying attention at the moment, "Yeah. It's going to be pretty sweet once Slytherin loses, isn't it?" I agreed.

Cederic smiled, "See you later. I've got to go and meet up with the rest of the team now."

"Okay." I replied, heading off to find a friend to sit by. Near the corner of my eye I saw Ginny and Michael corner sitting together, they were still together? I thought they'd broken up, apparently not. Before them I saw Luna sitting with Neville.

"Hey, have you guys seen Seamus?" I ask them, hoping I wasn't blushing. Luna sighed, "I thought I saw him hanging with Dean a few moments ago. Want me to go and find him with you?"

It was sweet of her to offer, but I didn't really want to make her leave Neville, I saw the way she looked at him. Like how I looked at Seamus. Couldn't blame her either, Neville was a good person.

"No, it's okay. I can spot those two anywhere if they're together. Usually the ones getting in trouble." I grinned, looking around the big quidditch stadium. Where could he be at?

Just then, Harry, Nicole, Ron, and Hermione showed up right behind me.

"Hey!" Hermione called, giggling. "I can't wait for the game to start."

Nicole laughed along, "Yeah. Hey I think I saw Seamus a little ways back if you'd like to sit by him." She winked, sitting down next to Harry. Hermione sighed, "Can't she sit next to us just this once? You always sit by Seamus usually."

"Ha ha, nope. Now where is Seamus exactly?"

"He's right behind you, of course." A voice announced, and my heart sky rocketed. Seamus! Finally, he was here. Hermione sat down next to Ron, a goofy grin on her face. Hermione was in a good mood, which it wasn't really like her to be in such a mood. It was better than her being annoyed at the world, or maybe Ron in particular.

"Hey." I said shyly, turning so I could face Seamus.

"The game is about to start! Please take your seats!" Lee Jordan announces, his loud voice interrupting Seamus and Emma.

"Ladies first." Seamus says, motioning for Emma to sit down. And Emma happily obliged, giggling. Just like old times...Maybe. It was so much simpler when I just liked Seamus as friend, nothing more, nothing less. The way I'd thought it would always be, until maybe, fourth or fifth year? Ever since then, I'd dreamed of something maybe...Well you know, more.

"Now coming onto the field is Slytherin and Hufflepuff! Captain of the Slytherin team being Graham Montague, and the Captain for Hufflepuff is Cederic Diggory!"

"Woo!" The stands erupted in a mountainous cheer. This game was certainly going to be interesting, very interesting. As much as I hated to admit it, Slytherin had a good quidditch team. To make it even more interesting was the fact that Hufflepuff also had a good quidditch team. Especially with Cederic, it made me proud to call him my older brother, no matter how annoying that he could be at moments. Lee Jordan continued on, but I wasn't able to pay any attention at that moment seeing as Seamus's leg bumped into my own, making me more consciously aware of his close proximity towards me. Which was really close. Don't blush, don't blush, don't blush! Luckily, I didn't have to worry, Seamus was also blushing a little himself, clearly a little flustered. He was flustered...by me...Did that mean anything, anything at all?

"Oh, sorry." He mumbled, his eyes on the quidditch field. The game would be starting at any moment, and my excitement level was high.

"And the game starts...now." Lee Jordan announced, and things got a little crazy...

"Slytherin loses! Two hundred points plus the snitch to one hundred fifty! Victory goes to Hufflepuff! Can you believe it?" Lee Jordan nearly screams over the cheers of the Hufflepuff's and boo's of the Slytherins. Everyone else seemed to happy for Hufflepuff to notice how upset the Slytherins are. Ha ha, Draco lost, I thought to myself. It was a childish thought, but we all have childish thoughts once in a while, so did it really matter? Even though it was childish it was also the truth. In this case, the truth didn't hurt.

Seamus jumped up, and out of impulse, grabbed me. "Ahh!" I yelped, biting my lip to keep myself from giggling, which wasn't working all that well to say the least. he did this every time Hufflepuff or Gryffindor won. A silly childish(That word again!) tradition that we had. It started back in the first year when we were watching a Gryffindor versus Slytherin game. Do I really need to say who won in this case? That was another loss for Slytherin. Anyways, Seamus and I had a bet, you see. Whoever lost had to jump up and try and grab the winner. Needless to say, Seamus was too fast for me. And I was light, still am for my age now. Which is the main reason why Seamus was still able to pick me up.

Seamus winked as he finally put me down, "Can't wait for the next game. To do this again. To be with you, Emma. You're my best friend."

Best friend? Wink? Again? Was there something that I was missing here? Like the single missing piece to a five hundred pieced puzzle. It was annoying beyond belief trying to find that missing piece, and when you do, you never need it anymore. Oh god, I hoped it wasn't like that, then I'd find what was missing when I didn't need to know? Did that even make any sense, or am I just rambling?

"I-er yeah. Next time, I can't wait." I stammer, my heart hammering in my chest as Seamus flashed a smile at me. But, he did say best friends, didn't he? Is that all that he views me as? Nothing more, and nothing less? Like always? If he said that, why wouldn't it be what he means, Emma? He isn't one to lie to you. This realization made my stomach queasy. Nothing more...Nothing less was replaying over and over in my head like a broken record.

"Yeah. Ravenclaw against Gryffindor, that ought to be interesting." Seamus commented, nonchalant and oblivious to how I really felt. Why did life have to be this way? Or was it only this way to me?

I chanced a smile, "Totally." I replied, nodding as I agreed with him. But how can it be nothing more or nothing less, I mean he did wink at me. He never usually ever does that. It is usual, not like him. Then again, a lot of things about him have changed recently. Too many to be able to list out in my head, I'd have to write them down. The funny thing is, I'd always thought that I would hate it if a whole lot of things changed at once. But I seemed to like these changes, really like them.

Did I change to him too? Or am I still the same old Emma Diggory? Will that question ever be answered by Seamus? Answer: No. Not probable seeing as how shy I am, not to mention quiet. Impossible, right? I thought so too. No chance. Unfortunately...

Seamus shifted a little towards me, ignoring all of the other people who had been watching. He looked nervous, I could always tell. He had a certain look to his face. Nervous was not his only emotion that he had at the moment, what were the others? Happiness? Excitement? Fear? What? Ugh, more complicated than ever, boys need to come with a manual. Even Seamus Finnegan, my best friend(Apparently, even though I'd always thought of us as close friends, I'd consider him my best friend now. ) was hard for me to figure out.

Sighing, Seamus glanced at the floor of the stands, biting his lip, a sure sign that he was deep in thought. There had to be more signs, but I just didn't catch them. Could he read me? Did he know? Can he tell that I like liked him? Please say no! Please!

"I-I have to ask you something, Emma." Seamus announced after what seemed like hours, even though it was impossible. It had only been a minute, give or take. Why was he stalling now when he was usually quick and to the point? Another change...But did I like it? That seemed to be the question replaying on my mind at the moment.

"Go ahead." I tell Seamus, looking him straight in the eyes, feeling a little bold. What was he thinking, was it good, or bad? Why was he so nervous? Whatever it was, I couldn't wait for him to ask it. The more that he kept me waiting, the more I thirsted to know. Dying. Was it even possible to die wondering, or me being over dramatic? I just need to calm down, and stop thinking too much. Just wait for him to ask whatever he was going to ask, simple easy. Now, what was it?

Seamus sighed, "I was wondering..."