Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

She shook her head at me.

“Don’t apologize to me. You have a man out there who’s waiting for you.” She said, pointing to the door.

I looked at my sister who stood there defiantly, her hands on her hips. I stared at her arm, following her point to the door.

She was right. I needed to get past what he did. I’ve done it once, I can do it again.

I stood up from the bed and looked at Sam before walking out of the hospital room.

Ethan’s POV-

I sat in the rocking chair in the nursery with Neomi in one arm and Tucker in my other. They were both sound asleep and I sighed as I looked out the window. The sun was going down.

Another day gone without my mate, another night without her approaching. I looked at my babies, kissing them each gently.

“I bet you guys miss your momma so much right now. I know I do.” I whispered, looking at the twins.

“Uncle Ethan?”

I looked up to see Anastasia and Micheal walk in the room. I smiled at them. I actually haven’t seen Anastasia around at all. Thomas had her kept at another friend’s house to stay safe from Katherine.

Her brown curls bounced on her shoulders as she skipped in the room ahead of Mikie.

“How are you Uncle Ethan?” She asked quietly.

I smiled.

“I’m better now that I have some company.” I admitted.

They both smiled.

“We miss Gale Uncle Ethan.” Mikie whispered quietly.

Anastasia nodded, frowning.

“And Aunt Mia too. I miss her cookies.” She said.

I smiled and nodded.

“Me too Anastasia. Me too.” I whispered.

They both stood there and looked at me.

“Uncle Ethan? Do you wish you could get them back?” Mikie asked.

“What do you mean Mikie?” I asked quietly.

He shrugged.

“I don’t know.”

I got up and put Neomi and Tucker in their cribs before turning towards Mikie and Anastasia. I gently ushered them out of the nursery before closing the door, grabbing the baby monitor and slipping it in my shirt pocket.

“No Mikie tell me what you mean.” I said.

He shrugged again.

“Like do you wish you could do something like they did to us? Like hurt them somehow or something. Maybe take something of theirs or something.” Mikie explained.

I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows. What was this kid thinking exactly?

“Like what Micheal?” I asked, crouching down next to Micheal and Anastasia.

They both shrugged and I stared at them for a moment before getting an idea. I kissed them both on the cheek and smiled at them.

“You guys are geniuses.” I said before running to the hospital room.

When I got in the room Amber and Fredrick sat up. Olivia wasn’t in the room and neither was Dakota but my focus was primarily on Amber.

“Amber. I need your help.” I said.