Chapter 13: Midnight Confessions and 2 AM Fears

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."

~William Shakespeare

Adelle

That night I found myself slumped down in my seat at the dinner table, pushing my food around the plate. I couldn't seem to concentrate on anything, I was missing Wes like crazy again and I had just seen him three hours ago. I could feel the same lost and gapping feeling creeping up on me like before. I knew it had to do with the bond and the next step, Wes said this would happen if we didn't complete the next part soon. It terrified me even though I knew I loved him but I couldn't make myself utter those words out loud.

"Adelle, are you feeling okay? You've barely touched your dinner," My mom's concerned voice broke through my consuming thoughts.

"Oh, I feel fine, just not that hungry I guess," I shrugged my shoulders and tried to look more involved with dinner.

Looking up I saw my mom share a look with my dad, not meant for my eyes but I saw it anyway. My dad slightly shook his head. What was going on? I peeked back at mom to see a look of panic flash in her eyes. She mouthed 'later' then stood up and started to clean up the kitchen. I looked back to my plate before speaking,

"Can I be excused?" I looked to my dad.

"Sure," there were tired lines creasing my dad's forehead. I put my plate in the sink then trudged up to my room with a heavy heart.

Right as my foot hit the top step I was washed over by Wes. Everything righted itself and I was finally able to breath. Basically sprinting to my room I burst through the door and into Wes's arms, burying my face in his neck, inhaling his calming scent.

"I missed you too," Wes chuckled and pressed his lips to my forehead and drew me closer. I melted into his arms and let him hold me. I didn't need to pretend in front of Wes.

"What's wrong?" Wes asked as he drew me over to my bed. I crawled up next to him and he wrapped his arms around me so I was laying with my head on his chest.

"I think my parents are keeping something from me," I mumbled.

"Why do you think that?" Wes ran his hands through my hair.

"At dinner they shared this weird silent conversation and my mom got all panicky and left the table," I closed my eyes as Wes massaged neck.

"Do you think they know?" He didn't need to elaborate, I knew he was talking about us and Time Travel.

"They know something," I shrugged, too tired now to care.

"We'll worry about it later."

I nodded my head and we sat in easy silence until Wes spoke,

"We have to go to Ireland," he said it so nonchalant I was sure I misunderstood.

"What?"

"It's not safe for you here, we need to go to Ireland where they won't find us," Wes had turned on his side and was looking at me with decision in his eyes.

"You're serious," I realized.

Wes nodded.

All drowsiness I was feeling before, washed away and I was left fully awake.

"Wes, I can't just leave," I shook my head, completely in shock.

"Your parents are going to have to know sooner or later what is going on, they will want you to go."