Chapter 12: This Love can Heal

"When I saw you even the air around me fell in love, That's the thing about love -it knows no limits, it is Devine"

-Anita Krizzan

Adelle

Walking into the dance was like walking into a haunted house.

The school gym was transformed by fog machines, cobwebs, black lights, and frantic strobe lights. The loud techno music pulsed through the room and vibrated off the walls. Masses of bodies crowded on the dance floor, grinding against each other as the bass pounded like a heartbeat. I took this all in with a smile on my face. This was exactly what I needed. In this crazy mess I would be able to forget all about the Cumacht and Time Travel and just focus on dancing with Wes.

"Adelle lets go to the bathroom so you can put on the mask and I can put on my angel wings," Abby whispered to me as the boys paid for our tickets.

"Okay good idea. Grace do you want to come to the bathroom with us?"

"Sure."

I gave Wes a quick peck on the cheek, "I'll be right back."

"Okay, be careful."

"I will," I promised then followed Abby and Grace to the bathroom.

Once there I slipped on my mask then fixed my lipstick. I couldn't wait to see Wes's face when he saw my completed costume.

"All ready?" Grace asked.

"Yep."

As we walked back in I saw Wes talking to Ronan and gesticulating wildly but right as I entered the gym his back straightened and he turned his head to look at me. Our eyes met and a slow crooked smile spread across his lips as he saw my masked face. Feeling bold I sashayed over to Wes, lifted on my tip toes and pressed my lips to his but before he could deepen the kiss I pulled away with a mischievous smile. Wes groaned my name. Ronan laughed loudly.

"Wes she's gonna be the death of you," he nudged Wes with his elbow.

"Most likely," Wes managed to get out.

I grinned then looked around, "Where's Abby?"

"Most likely snogging that prick she calls a boyfriend," Grace muttered under her breath.

"Most likely," I tried to sound light but I was worried about Abby and whether or not Jaymes was really who he said he was.
Wes picked up on my dark thoughts and curled his fingers around mine, providing reassurance. I looked at him with a grateful smile.

The pounding music turned to a slower song, an excuse to dance even closer. I looked out at the dance floor at all the couples, envying them almost. They were so blissfully ignorant. They lived in a world that was completely ordinary. I used to. But not anymore. My world had turned into a novel. Knight in shining armor included. Thinking of my particular knight in shining armor I felt Wes's eyes on me. Tilting my head up to look at him I felt all my doubt melt away. If I was normal I would never had met Wes, he would never had been my Soulmate. I couldn't give that up not if someone offered me the world.

"Adelle, would you like to dance?" Wes offered his hand.

"Of course," I got to my feet and let Wes lead me out to the crowded dance floor.

Wes placed his hands on my waist and drew me close as I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers playing with the dark curls that I loved so much. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat.

"You look so beautiful," Wes whispered into my ear.

I shivered before responding, "Thank you."