MNB: The Monian National Base I

Prologue

The year was 2897. We were near the end of the 29th Century. Earth's civilization was at its peak. The people were living their everyday lives until one day that is that we got a report from the news that an unknown cosmic force was heading straight for Earth. We already got the warning when we saw a blue sun shining upon the Earth.

"It's said to that an unknown cosmic force is headed straight for Earth. Authorities urges citizens to evacuate the planet immediately," a newscaster said on the western side of the globe.

"Evacuate, everyone needs to evacuate immediately," said another in the Eastern side of the globe. For hundreds of years since the reign of nation-states had ended, the Eastern and Western Empires were constructing huge ships to carry off their entire population off the planet, a mother ship for each empire and the sub ships for its premiers and states. I was in Base 2, in the Western Empire. The base was underground, just beneath of what was once Washington, DC. In Base 2, there were bridges for each class. Higher up were the wealthy from moderate to extreme, the second bridge below it were your governors, the third, the scientists and astronauts, below them were the people responsible for agriculture and other utilities that are basic for human survival, the fourth were the army. Then below them were a series of bridges (those of whom could afford to escape the planet) were the commoners and business men. I was crossing the second bridge with the scientists. In front of me was the ever famed Dixxon. The ship was so big that it could cover the entire premier or Solan (formerly the country of Australia)

When I got inside the ship, I was assigned to a designated deck called 7a. Unlike any ship, this one was divided into sections. From 9a, (the far upper deck), to 1z, (the far lower deck). At the end of the hall of 7a, I opened the door and saw a team of scientists buckling up for liftoff. Once everyone who had paid to go were on board, the people who didn't pay were outside stranded. They rushed, pulled and shoved to get in. The hatches of each section of the ship was closed shut as another hatch above the ship began to open. As the people continued to demand to open the hatches of the ship, more people continued to pour in. Meanwhile inside the ship, they set the countdown for us to launch.

"Countdown for takeoff in T - 10...," said an AI counting down. As the computer program counts down for take off, the blue sun above the Earth was becoming unstable.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ignition," said the computer as the ship unleashed a lot of energy to lift itself from the ground killing anyone several feet away from it. The ship levitated off the ground then accelerated after a few a minute. Same was true by every ship across the globe. Once our ship escaped from the earth, we ascended into the skies. In the skies, 720 ships accelerated in the skies. The Dixxon gained speed every minute it passes as it fights its major opponent, gravity from descending back to the ground. Once we were in the in the ionosphere, it happened. The blue sun exploded. A series of radioactive beams struck the Earth, burning off it's atmosphere, cooking the surface below. The ships from across the planet that did made it out were destroyed. It was a cosmic apocalypse beyond comprehension. One of the beams blew a giant hole on the moon causing it to break apart and crash into the Earth.

In the Dixxon, I was holding on for my dear life-like everybody else. Never in my life have I've been this scared. Once we were at a safe enough distance, the ship went to Light-speed leaving the devastation behind. The ships that did survive thus joined us. Though with the Earth, it was nothing more than a burnt rock. The planet was engulfed in fire in naval blue fire. It burned for hours until the explosion ceased. It cooled quickly and died slowly in the cold, black space.