Chapter 22: Talking Back

Author's Note: Okay, this story is almost to an end, and just letting you, not all romance stories have an happy ending. 

I dedicate this chater to: TheRageOFAnime

He is a real cool guy and I think you should check out his story "At the Heart Of Darkness" 

Oh and that is another picture of Brandon on the right.

Also I have a Youtube Channel in the making called: Darius!nk 

Check it out!

 Dylan's POV:

Do you know why Ryan pulled out the knife and attacked Mason like that Dylan?" the police officer questioned as I sat in the chair stiff as a board, only my hands fluctuating. 

Looking around at my surroundings one more time, all I can see is the pure white walls, so pure that if you stare at it for too long, you can go blind temporarily. Nothing is interesting about this place I'm in and these walls don't help with it's lack of interest because I refuse to look at the people questioning me. My mind is everywhere right now.

My hands are so cold as they touch the metal of the table causing goose bumps to form, shaking and tapping making a clicking noise.

As I look to my right there was only one window on the wall and it was huge, made of bullet proof plexiglass so other detectives and officers can "observe" me. 

"Dylan!" the detective now spoke this time. His voice was deep and low, sounding frustrated due to my lack of attention. 

"Huh? What?...Oh sorry, what was the question again?" I said shaking my head trying to think straight. 

The officer let out a huge sigh and rubbed his temples with his thumb and middle finger roughly, "Do you know why Ryan attacked Mason like that?" 

Shifting my head slightly to the left and looking at the ground I spoke, "To be honest, all I know was he was talking about I messed everything up because I existed and tried to attack me, but then Mason pulled his foot out and clipped Ryan. That's when Ryan went all psycho and just stabbed Mason and..." I couldn't finish because it hurt so much to know that happened to Mason. How he got stabbed and rushed to the Emergency Room.

Tears dropped from my eyes going from a quiet sob to a silent breaking cry. I hide my face and started to babble things out of frustration and anger that just came through my head, " I don't know! I don't know! All I wanted was for Mason and I to be together, and that nothing bad will happen! Nothing! Ryan made everything so stupid and messed up!" 

I separated my fingers a little to look at the reactions of  the detective and officer.  They looked stunned at to what I just said and by the looks on their face, I regretted what just came out my mouth.

The detective leaned against the table placing his elbows outward, clasping his hands together, "So did you have a thing with Mason?" 

His voice seemed as if he was interested now, due to the change of tone, "Um.." I paused. Damn it! Why do I always have to run my mouth? Guess I should keep talking, "I guess you can say that , I mean, we liked  each other , even though he had a weird way of showing it." My hands were now from my face as I spoke in a shy manner because of embarrassment.

"What I'm trying to figure out Dylan is, how Ryan got into this?" the detective asked still I'm his same position.

"I guess he liked Mason too and thought I was in the way." I said unsure , itching at my cheeks from the dried up tears.