Chapter 28: From friend to rival...at basketball that is

Start from the beginning

I sighed and slumped even more into my seat.

"Ne, Natsu?"

"Yeah Luce?" I said looking at her.

"Does Sting know that your not playing?" I smiled sheepishly at her and shook my head. She sighed.

"Why? Did he thought you where gonna play?" I nodded at Erza.

"And you didn't tell him why exactly?" Jellal asked raising a brow. I shrugged.

"I knew he wouldn't play if I wasn't. He wants to play against me just like Rouge wants to play against Gajeel." I stated simply and he and the rest nodded with an 'ahhh'.

"Well how are you planning on telling him?" Mira asked her sweet smile still on her face as always. I shrugged again.

"I don't know. Plus I didn't lie to him. He asked if I was gonna be here and..." I looked at myself before turning to them with a grin. "...I'm here aren't I?"

Lucy giggled before shaking her head in disapproval but her eyes showed amusement.

"I know you know what he really ment Natsu. Your still gonna have to explain." She said and I shrugged again.

"Stop shrugging! It's getting annoying." She said punching my arm slightly. I stood there shocked for a sec before laughing and so did she.

Then I felt something hit my foot. I looked at the floor to see a gun keychain. I reached to it and picked it up before turning my head.

"Where did it go?!"

"I-I don't know...sumimasen."

"I think I lost it! It's Alzacks too!"

"W-well where d-did you loose it?"

"If I knew that, don't you think I would have found it?"

"...S-sumimasen!!! T-that w-was d-dumb of m-me..."

I looked at two girls talking and looking around the floor.

"Hey, you looking for this?" I said getting their attention. The one with green hair looked up and smiled.

"Hai. Arigatou Natsu!" She said and I gave it to her with a smile.

"No prob!"

"I'm Bisca Connel. This here is Aries Lamb." She introduced herself and pointed to a girl with pink fluffy hair.

"I-it's a p-pleasure to m-meet you N-Natsu-san...s-sumimasen." I grinned at them.

"It's nice to meet you too!" I said and they smiled. They where going to say something but a loud scream interrupted them.

"NAAAAAAATSUUUUUU-SAAAAAAAAN!!!" I turned my head to see Sting running towards me.

"Yo, Sting!" I greeted him when he made it in front of us. He grinned.

"Ready for today's game? Sabertooth is going to take you guys down!" He said with a proud smirk. The he looked at what I was wearing. "Ara?"

"Nani?" I said and he gave me a confused look.

"Natsu-san, why aren't you wearing your basketball uniform? And why are you wearing your reading glasses? And why are you on the benches? Why aren't you on the court? And why a-" he turned to look at Lucy who smile at him. He smiled back." Hey Lucy!" He turned to look at me again. "-re you not warming up with your team?!" He finished.

"Well, you see...uh...it's just...I...they...coach...eh...he-"

"He's not playing." Jellal stated simply interrupting me. I looked at Sting who had a surprised face.