What Love Feel's Like: Linda + Dan

( Danicrab is in as promised :3 )

Linda

I checked my reflection in the store windows as I made my way in, making sure that my dark reddish hair wasn’t much of a mess. I also straightened out my shirt, dark brown eyes that matched my skin glaring a little at my tummy, though it was visibly getting smaller—I’ve been forcing myself (and Dani) to work out in the mornings, I’m determined to get into shape by summer. I shivered as I entered the store, glad it won’t be for a while though, I have plenty of time.

 “Okay, so you want Caesar dressing?” I asked Danica over the phone, peering through the aisles of the grocery store, pushing a shopping cart with me. Why I got stuck going shopping for us, I don’t know.

“Yusss!” She cheered excitedly. I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed a bottle, tossing it in the cart as I strolled along.

“Okay. What did you want for dinne—”

CRASH!

I landed on my bum and watched my iPhone skid across the tiled floor, making my blood boil. Do you know how long it took me to afford that?! I glared up at whoever ran into me.

“Oh, shit! I’m so sorry, are you okay?” The man bent down and helped me to my feet.

“Uh, um, ah, yeah.” I said shortly, trying to clear my head. I thought he’d be some kind of a jerk. “My phone…” I muttered, looking around,

“Oh, yeah! I saw it go flying! I’m so, so sorry!” He immediately dropped to his knees and started crawling around for it, making me smile a bit.

“Dan?! What the heck are you doing?” I looked up and my heart skipped a beat when I saw a man with short brown hair approach, his face flawless and lips perfect and plush, “You’re on the floor…?”

“I ran over… uh…”

“Linda.” I finished for the man named Dan, though my eyes were still locked on his friend.

“… Linda and she dropped her phone.” Realization flashed over the man’s face and he followed suit, peering under shelves,

“Good going, I’m so proud of you.” He said sarcastically.

“You should be, Liam, you should be.” Dan replied with a smile. I giggled a little at them and too went to my knees, joining them in the search. After maybe three minutes Liam held the device in the air, an award winning smile on his face.

“I’ve got it!” I blushed at him and took the device, our fingers touching for a quick second.

“WAIT.” Dan took it back and started hitting buttons, making me nervous. What is he doing? “Now you have my number!” He passed the device to Liam and gave me a small smile. I returned it, though it became an embarrassed one when I looked to Liam, entering his number as Dan did. He returned it to me yet again and I was off, my cheeks forever red.

2 Months Later

“LINDEEEEE.” Dan cheered, sauntering through my front door, Liam behind him, a bag of Hershey kisses firmly under his arm as he texted his girlfriend (wince), Danielle. There was nothing wrong with Danielle, though, honest—she’s a very nice girl and sweet… but she’s not me.

I gave Dan a smile and wrapped my arms around him in a hug,

“Hey there!” I turned to Liam and did the same, though wishing I could hold on a bit longer, “What’s on our agenda for today? Danicaaa should be here soon!” Liam shrugged off his backpack and pulled out Toy Story, making me grin. “Great choice!”