"She told me she'd been cheating. That..." He went off swearing. I was disgusted. I'd never heard him speak like that. Emily and he had been dating for almost three years. Or two, I can't remember exactly.

"You can find someone better, Lewis. You are worth better-" I begin but Sharon cuts me off and tells me to let him be.

I go upstairs and do some work for my upcoming exams and assignments and whatnot. I go to bed unsatisfied with my day.

***

The next morning I'm sitting with Kyle in home group. Kyle's chatting to a guy behind us. Then he says something incomprehensible. "Kyle!" I shriek and he snaps to look over at me. "Don't say that." I demand. He's shocked at my outburst. I can tell because it's easily readable from his expression.

He stares at me blankly and I suddenly feel like all the heads in the room are turned in my direction.

I just couldn't help but tell him not to say those words. It reminded me too much of Lewis and his eruption yesterday. The bell rings and the class starts to mumble into life and slowly everyone leaves the room. But I just sit there and stare at my fumbling hands.

"Hey." A gentle voice says. A soft hand lifts my chin up and wipes a tear off my face. I didn't even know I was crying. "Kristen,"

"Go away Kyle." He exhales slowly. I look up and see him still hovering over me. "I said-"

"I know what you said." He says rashly. He lets out another deep breath and walks to the door. "I know you're going through a lot Kristen." Then he leaves.

Losing my father has caused so many mixed emotions to run through me. I'm longing for the family I used to have, I'm feeling hatred towards Dad for leaving us, I'm being arrogant towards Kyle - who's trying to help me and I'm only pushing him away.

I need to pull my life back together. I just don't know how.

***

I bash the keys, I put everything I feel into the song. Playing piano has always helped me relieve stress and help me think more clearly.

I need to get Lewis a specialist for his anger management. I need to help Mum get back on her feet. I need to do something.

I leave the piano and walk to the other side of the house.

"Sharon?" I call out from the bottom of the staircase.

She rushes down. "What's wrong Kristen?"

"I think Lewis needs to see an anger management specialist. Who do you suggest-"

"No, I'm working on that. He should be better any time soon."

"Anytime soon? It's been more than a month Sharon."

"Dr. Stevenson. It's Dr. Stevenson."

"I honestly don't care. I don't think you're helping my brother or my mother." I say sternly.

"I can help Lewis. I really can." Sharon pleads.

"And Mum?" She stares at me blankly. "No Sharon, you can leave now."

I'm sick of settling with Sharon when I can find a professional who knows what she is doing. Not that I have any proof Sharon doesn't know what she is doing. But I have to follow my instincts.

And my gut says she has to go.

"I'm calling my Grandma to come and help and I'm getting another specialist. Sharon, if you don't leave now, I'm calling the police." With that, Sharon leaves. And I do exactly what I told her.